Chapter 8//Connor

Connor realizes what he said, and immediately stands up from the bed, pulling away from Troye's embrace. "I-er I have to go" Connor murmurs, standing up swiftly. Troye grabs Connor's hand, and pulls his hand back. "No. Stay." Troye pulls Connor back onto the bed, onto his lap. "You just-surprised me with your words." He mutters, looking away. "Wh-what do you mean?" Troye sighs. "It's just... You... You really love me?"

Connor nods his head, and then rests his head on Troye's shoulder. "I-um... I don't know... If I like... Love you but... I really, really care about you, Connah." Connor nearly dies from his beautiful accent, and blushes. "I...er..." Troye wraps his arms around Connor. "Shh you don't have to say anything. Just know that I am always here for you. You remember that okay?"

Connor nods his head, smiling and blushing at Troye.

And god dammit he was crushing. Crushing hard.

The day was spent watching Netflix in Troye's bed, and then Connor deciding to stay another night with Troye. He needed his friend right now, and to have someone there wasn't a normal occurrence for him.

Connor and Troye had many things in common, one of them being their music tastes. Troye had made a collaborative playlist for him and Connor. They had added their favourite songs, and songs for the other to listen to. "Con, let's go to your house and you can have a shower. Does that sound good?" Troye murmurs, his fingers brushing through Connor's hair.

"O-okay..." Connor sighs, sitting up. "Come with me?" Connor looks at Troye with the most adorable puppy dog eyes in the world. How could they boy say no? Troye gives in, taking Connor's hand into his, and Connor pulling him down the hall.

I wasn't expecting that.

Alexis gives the two a suggestive look, and Troye just rolls his eyes. Memories of his childhood come rushing back to him, Sage rolling her eyes at Troye when he wanted to paint his nails, or wanting to wear his mum's high heels.

Troye stops dead in his tracks, eyes widening. Connor turns on his heel, rushing to Troye just before he collapses. Alexis rushes over to Connor, helping him lower Troye onto the floor lightly. "I-I'll get mo- wait she's at the store. What do we do?" Alexis panics, standing up.

"No, Alexis it's okay." Connor sighs, pulling Troye's head into his lap. "Troye? Can you hear me? Squeeze my fingers if you can hear me." Troye squeezes his fingers ever so lightly. "Okay he can hear me." Connor leans his head down, placing a gentle kiss on Troye's temple before lifting him up.

"Alexis can you open the door to his room?" Alexis nods her head, opening the door as Connor carries Troye bridal style into the bedroom, sitting on the bed, and cradling Troye in his arms. "You're okay, angel" Connor soothes, peppering Troye with kisses all over his face. "I'm here, and I'm not going anywhere." He kisses Troye's forehead, and takes one of Troye's hands in his, rubbing circles on the back of his hand.

Troye starts shaking a bit, and Connor realizes that he must be frozen. "Alexis can you get a blanket please?" Alexis nods her head, grabbing a fleece blanket and handing it to Connor. He wraps the blanket around the shaking boy, and pulls Troye closer to him.

After almost half an hour of Troye's flashbacks, Troye finally comes back to reality. Connor hugs Troye tight, rubbing his back lightly. "You're okay." Connor whispers, kissing Troye's cheek. Troye feels tears running down his cheeks, and Connor wipes them away with his thumb.

"I-I-I just really miss my sister and brothers." Troye murmurs, crying into Connor's chest. "Hey. How about when we're finished with high school, we go on a trip and we'll find them." Troye's eyes go wide, and he nods his head. "Y-yes please" Troye murmurs. Connor kisses Troye's forehead lightly, and Alexis smiles at how adorable the two are. "I'll just... Er... Leave you two..." She blushes, leaving the room.