-It's louder than at home, Graham says.

-Home? I ask. Which one?

-The academy of course.

I sight. I don't feel at home there. Here either to be honest.

-I beat up that guy that was bothering you.

-No you didn't, I answer with a tired voice.

-No, I didn't.

Silence again.

-I heard you talk to him. You said you were in a relationship.

-I lied, I answer with the same tired and bored voice. I was trying to make him go away.

-Oh, ok.

Silence. Long awkward silence.

-So you're not seeing anyone?

I sight.

-Thanks for the jacket, Graham.

I give him back the jacket and turn around, but he softly grabs my wrist and make me stop walking. I turn to face him and for the first time since he arrived on the roof I look at him in the eyes. His eyes are full of tears.

-We were good together, Olivia, he says in a broken voice. We were really good together!

I pull my hand away gently.

-No Graham, I answer. We were comfortable. And I don't want comfortable, I want furry and passion and adventure. And it wasn't fair for me to stay with you, not like that.

-We could still have that! Furry and passion and whatever bullshit you want!

I sight.

-The fact that you call it bullshit just shows me that you don't really care, and I don't want someone who's doesn't care. I'm sorry.

I walk away, wrapping my arms around myself because of the cold.

-I hope you find it, he calls behind my back. I hope you find the love you're looking for.

I give him a small smile.

-I have, I mutter to myself.

I walk in the heated building. When I get downstairs I find Blaze past out of exhaustion on a sofa. I wrap my arms around him, pulling him up in my arms. He wraps his legs around my hips, his arms around my neck, his head bouncing on my shoulder every step I take. I walk up to my mother who's laughing loudly with some of Brad's coworkers I suppose.

-I'm taking Blaze home, I tell her.

-You're leaving already? But we haven't had desert yet!

-He too tired. I'm going home. Enjoy your party.

I walk away with my brother and I hear my mom running after me in her heals.

-I'll take him home, she says. Go have fun.

-No mom, I answer. It's your party, your thanksgiving. I never come here anymore, and the only time I do, you force me to come to a stupid party instead of spending time with our family. I should have gone to dad's house. He may have another life, but he still knows what family means.

-Oh darling come on!

-No mom, that's it! I'm done. Good night.

The elevator door closes right in her face and Blaze whine a little in my arms, turning his head. I stroke his hair and he calms down. Twenty minutes later I lay him in his pirate shape bed, taking off his shoes, bow tie and suit. I pull the blanket up to his chin and he turns around, one arm around the neck of his teddy bear. I give him a kiss and walk to my room. I leave tomorrow in the morning and sincerely I can't wait to get out of here and back in the arms of my girl.

***

The plane lands at 9am, which makes me late for class. Graham wasn't on the same flight as I, so I guess he took one earlier. At the arrivals spot I'm surprise to see Alaska waiting for me with a sheet of paper written "babygirl" on it and a white rose. I run and jump in her arms, breathing in her scent and kissing her in front of everyone. In the very American way, everybody applause, probably thinking we've been apart for weeks! I smile when I hear the applause and she laughs.

-You see, it's not good keeping it a secret, she says. People like us together!

-I like us together, I answer while sliding an arm around her waist and walking toward the exit.

We walk out in the pale sun, and I realize home is not where you grew up or where you live now, home is two arms and a beating heart that loves you as much as you love them.