The secret

From Halloween to Thanksgiving, everything was pretty much a blur. Everyday was intense, with the holiday finals coming up and the Christmas show. I got the main role, Clara, which is a great honor but also a lot of work. Plus the semi-finals of the competition are in about three weeks and I'm already stressing out! Graham didn't talked to me since the party. The fact that he's ignoring me wouldn't have bothered me if it wasn't for our proximity. We are always together, same classes, same trainings, same gym, same everything. We're always together, and he's doing the best he can't to never speak to me, so it gets awkward really fast. And then there's Alaska. Alaska who occupies my every thoughts all the time. She's constantly on my mind, and, like Graham, she's always around. Seeing her makes me feel dizzy, makes my stomach tightens and my legs become flabby. We haven't really talked since the Halloween party, and all I can think about in class or in training is her arms around me and her sweet cinnamon scent. With all the training my muscles hurts all the time. I've been spending way too much time under the shower instead of studying, but it's the only thing that can make me relax. I'm sitting on the floor in the tub, the boiling hot water running down on me. If I was a lobster I'd already be super cook! I hear my phone ringing in the pocket of my jeans, which is laying on the floor next to the tub. I turn the water off and jump on my phone.

-Hello?

-Olivia darling? A high pitched voice says on the other end of the line

My mother.

-Mom, hi.

-Olivia darling, she starts and I sight, grabbing a towel because I'm freezing. I was wondering what time your plane will be landing tomorrow.

-Is it Thursday already? I ask.

-Well yes darling, what other day could it be!

She says those words like it's Thursday everyday and I'm completely crazy.

-7 I think, I answer while ignoring her last comment.

-You think or you're sure? Because Braddy will be waiting for you at the airport and I don't want to make him wait for nothing, darling.

My mother's new husband's name is Brad, but she keeps on calling him Brassy, just like she puts a darling after my name every single time she says it.

-Will Blaze be there too? I ask, suddenly excited.

-Of course not, darling! Blaze has violin practice from 6 to 8.

-I thought he hated violin?

-He's seven, how can he know what he likes! Anyway darling, I have to go now.

-Wait, can I talk to him?

-He's doing his homeworks. You'll see him when you get here.

-Bye mom.

-Goodbye darling.

I hang up, sighting heavily. My mother is a handful. She's very intense, and expects a lot from her children. When I was younger she put me in ballet class and was so intense with my training, always on my back and making me do extra work, that I started hating ballet. Then I won a small competition and she was so proud that I started loving ballet again, since it was the only thing I did that made my mom proud. Then Graham came into my life and ballet became my passion. But my mother. She's something. Blaze, my younger brother, started playing piano when he was four, then changed to flute around 6 and now he plays the violin. He's very talented with music but get's bored very easily. My mom met Brad five years ago and two months later they were married. She says he's the love of her life but I believe she loves his money more than him. Anyway, they live in the upper east side of Manhattan in the penthouse of the Plaza, right next to central park. I still have my room there but it's now used more for visitors than for me. I only go back to New York for the holidays and the first few weeks of the summer. I put on baggy sweatpants and a jersey, my wet hair sticking to my face, and walk out of the bathroom. When I open my bedroom door there's a note on the floor.