Chapter Seven

A couple of weeks went by, and Jimin's mood only worsened. It was hard to keep a positive attitude when you had a boyfriend that couldn't careless about you. It was pretty late, and Jimin sat in the living room, listening to the rain pour without mercy. The room was dark, save for the dim light provided by the lamp on the end table, and the lightning from time to time. Seung had yet to return home, and Jimin was starting to think he wouldnt. That is until a drunken, belligerent fool known as Seung bursted through the door.
"Why're you still up?" Seung stumbled into the living room. "Why's it so dark?"
"Why'd you bother coming home?" Jimin refused to look at Seung. Even in his direction. "If you're gonna get drunk like this, then don't come here."
"Excuse me? I'm the one that pays the rent. This is my apartment." Seung scoffed. "If you don't like me coming home drunk, then how's about you just fuckin' leave?"
"Did you forget? I pay most of the rent, because you're out spending your money on alcohol!" Jimin spat. "You only come home to sleep, or to shower and change your clothes. You don't even want to hang out with me! Your own boyfriend!"
"You're always complaining. Do you ever shut up?"
"Why do you treat me like this?" Jimin hopped to his feet and approached Seung. "Don't you love me?"
"Get out of my face." Seung pushed passed him, and took it upon himself to get comfortable on the couch.
"I'm really considering leaving you." And as Jimin said that, Seung sat up.
"You're not going anywhere."
"Watch me." Jimin turned on his heels, and attempted to walk away, but before he knew it, Seung had a tight grip on his arm.
"Like I said, you're not going anywhere." Seung repeated, pushing Jimin against the wall.
"Get off of me, I don't want to be around you right now." Jimin said, struggling to get away from him.
"Where you gonna go?" Seung asked, grabbing Jimin by the jaw, leaning in close. "I'll break your legs if you ever try to leave me."
Jimin wrinkled his nose at the strong smell of liquor on Seung's breath. "Seung, get off of me!" He demanded, continuing to shruggle, which resulted in Seung slamming him back against the wall. If Jimin wasn't scared then, he was scared now.
"Maybe I should break your legs now, so you can't get away." He smirked.
Jimin knew better than to take Seung's threats lightly. He wasn't one to fool around and make empty threats, and Jimin knew that. Jimin begged and pleaded with Seung, hoping that he'd have mercy. "Seung, please don't do it. I-I won't leave you, I'll never leave you. I love you." By this time, Seung had completely struck fear into Jimin. He had gotten weak in the knees and was no longer standing on his own. He was barely being held up by Seung. "Seung please..." He cried, and Seung let go, causing Jimin to drop to his knees.
"Let's not have this conversation next time." And with that, Seung disappeared down the hall, and into their room.
Jimin sat where he was for a long while, trying to process what just happened. Seung had never been like that towards Jimin before. What was the sudden change? The poor boy sat there trembling, trying to figure out what to do next. Some hours had passed, and Jimin knew that he couldn't stay there. At least not for a few days. Once he was able to regroup, he tiptoed down the hall to see if Seung had fallen asleep yet. He was relieved to see that he did. So, without hesitation, Jimin rushed to the front door, and tried his best to leave without making much noise. Once outside, he took off running in the rain that had yet to cease, and went to the only place he knew for a fact he'd be welcome.
---
Half sleep, and close to rolling off the couch, Yoongi rested in the living room that's only sourse of light was the television. He heard a small knocking coming from the front door, but didn't actually get up until he started to get annoyed. "It's four in the morning, who could it be?" When he opened the door, he was surprised to see a soaked Jimin with his head hung low. "What are you doing here so late? Are you okay?"
"I'm.... I'm scared." He answered, and looked up to meet Yoongi's gaze, eyes red from crying so hard on the way there.
Yoongi squinted, noticing marks on the latter's jaw. "Did he hurt you?" He asked, feeling upset for some reason.
Jimin looked away from him, feeling ashamed. "I must look pathetic right now. Go ahead and laugh."
"What's funny about you trembling in the rain because of your boyfriend?" Yoongi asked, reaching for Jimin's arm, which caused Jimin to flinch. Yoongi frowned, and stepped out of the way for Jimin to come inside. "I can give you something to change into, and you can sleep in my room."
Jimin only nodded and followed behind Yoongi as he led the way upstairs and into his room.
After changing into the clothes provided for him by Yoongi, he made himself comfortable on his bed. "I'm really sorry." Jimin sighed, trying to dry his eyes before the tears started to fall again.
"For what?" Yoongi asked, sitting on the edge of his bed.
"I know you don't like me, so I'm probably bothering you."
"It's no big deal. Besides, you're not all that bad."
"And, you're not all that mean." Jimin smiled slightly, before reaching for Yoongi's hand. "You never told me what happened to your hand." Jimin reminded, tracing his thumb along the new scar on Yoongi's palm.
Yoongi drew in a deep breath, watching Jimin's thumb. "I found out my boyfriend was cheating on me with my brother." He admitted, clenching his fist, and turning away from Jimin. "I did everything right, and in the end, he ran off with my brother."
Jimin was shocked that a brute of a man like him was actually capable of loving someone other than himself. "I'm sorry to hear that."
"It's whatever. I guess, it was bound to happen."
Jimin frowned, hearing the defeat in his voice. So, he took it upon himself to lean against Yoongi's back. "Don't beat yourself up about it. You deserve better than him anyway."
Yoongi chuckled a bit. "Arguing with you seems less fun now that we can sort of relate to one another, huh?"