"Anyone feel any different?" James asked after a few moments.

"No," Sirius grumbled. "But I need something to wash the taste of vegetable out of my mouth!"

"Next step..." Remus' finger trailed across the parchment as he read. "Cast a Patronus."

"Who first?" I asked anxiously, looking at each of the three boys in front of me. They all exchanged looks until Sirius finally stepped forward and brought out his wand. He closed his stormy eyes and started to focus, a smile playing on his lips.

"Expecto Patronum!" He shouted, and a bright silver animal bounded out from the tip of his wand. The large, silver dog sat in front of Sirius, cocking its head to the side before leaping at him. As soon as the dog touched him, it disappeared. Honestly, it was kind of creepy, like a spirit possessing someone.

"What the bloody hell was that?!" Sirius exclaimed, looking like he just saw a ghost.

"It doesn't give explanations here!" Remus said hurriedly, flipping through the pages. "It just gives instructions! But I'd say you did it right!"

"Me next!" James cut in and pulled out his wand. "Expecto Patronum!"

Sharing a look with Peter, I shrugged and took out my own wand. With great concentration, I began to reminisce pranking with Sirius... Remembering the amazing conversations with Robert...

"Expecto Patronum!" I exclaimed, and the familiar glistening fox burst from my wand. The fox slowly approached me, its silver eyes seeming to bore into my soul. Suddenly, it jumped at me and disappeared, sending chills down my whole body. My head was spinning, but I felt... Different. Not a good different, but a weird different.

"Vixen... Are you okay?" Remus asked me, but it sounded like three Remuses talking at once. I slid down the side of a bookshelf, not trusting the way my legs felt like they were going to fall out from under me.

"I know how you feel!" Sirius moaned from an armchair where he was clutching his forehead. Remus looked around frantically.

"Oh no... We must've done something wrong! I knew this was a bad idea!" Remus rambled on. Very slowly, everything started to come back into focus for me. I was starting to feel better, just a little woozy.

"No... I think we're fine!" I assure Remus who let out a great sigh of relief. Sirius, Peter, and James stood up cautiously. "That was weird... But I have a feeling it won't be the last time something like that happens..."

"Oh I know it won't," James agreed and ran his hand through his black hair. "Read the next step Moony!"

"Are you guys sure you want to continue with this? It's dangerous..." Remus stalled, making James shoot him a look. "Alright! Fine! We can't do this one right now anyways... It requires an advanced potion... Kind of like the Polyjuice potion."

All four of the boys looked at me pointedly.

"What? Why are you all looking at me?" I asked.

"You're the best at potions! You'll make it, right?" Peter asked hopefully. Remus showed me a glimpse of the instructions for the potion. It was complicated indeed, but I could probably do it... Only problem is it requires hair from the animal you turn into...

"Fine!" I agreed with a sigh. "You get me the hairs, and I'll make the potion. We'll probably have to work on this over the summer...?"

"Blimey! I forgot it was the last night at Hogwarts!" James mused. We were all crestfallen by his words. I would scarcely see them over the summer until next fall...

"Well, as much as I hate to say this," I said with feigned annoyance. "But I'm just going to have to see you four prats sometime over the summer..."

"Absolutely dreadful thought!" Sirius joked. "I thought I could get rid of you!"

"I'm going to miss you guys..." I sighed and all four of the boys grinned at me.

"Well, would you look at that! Vixen is actually just a sappy romantic!" Sirius laughed his barking laugh right before I threw a pillow at his face.

...And things were back to normal again.

<<>><<>><<>>

"Lily, I think she'll have forgotten by now!" I rolled my eyes at my best friend as she hauled her trunk down the train steps into King's Cross Station. Lily was retelling the story of how Petunia called her a freak at Christmas and Lily 'accidentally' made Petunia's face erupt into pimples.

"No she won't! I don't even think she came here!" Lily sighed and looked at me with her bright green eyes, now clouded with sadness. Lily really loves her sister... Petunia should never treat my Lily like that!

"Lils... Just spend the summer at my house!" I reasoned, making Lily crush me in a giant hug, her auburn waves flying in my face.

"I'll miss you Lexi... You better visit!"

"I definitely will," I replied as someone tapped my shoulder. After letting Lily go, I turned around to see James and the boys standing behind me.

"See you soon Vix?" James asked, his hazel eyes glinting mischievously, as usual.

"Of course Prongsy!" I laughed.

"Have a good summer Evans!" James winked at Lily, making her huff angrily and roll her eyes.

"Transfer to Durmstrang Potter?" Lily asked hopefully, earning her another wink. "I hate him so much... But I'll see you Lexi!"

Lily left me reluctantly, waving as she joined her parents, not so surprisingly without Petunia. I turned my attention to the final three boys behind me. Just before I could say my goodbyes, Felix rushed past me, grabbing my trunk as he went.

"Come on Lexi!" Felix called over the crowd of people. Shrugging, I started to walk after him, waving to my friends as I went.

"See you soon, Moony, Wormtail, and Padfoot!" I called.

"Try not to miss me too much!" Sirius shouted after me.

"Don't worry! I definitely won't!" I laughed, getting one last look at my arrogant best friend before finally joining my own family.