The Wedding Planner [Chapter 18]

Start from the beginning

“Because you love me.”

“Of course I love you, Kirk. You’re my best friend.” And honestly, Kirk, those old ‘love’ feelings are dead and gone.

“No, you love me. Like mushy, sweet, adorable, kissy love.” He was looking right at me now, his eyes almost broken, and my brain I swear just stopped. Wait, what?

“Kirk,” I began.

“And you’re letting me go through with this with a smile on your face. Why didn’t you stop this, Lanea, if you love me?”

“I loved you, Kirk. I admit it okay,” I cut him off. I knew he wasn’t going to shut up until I either started crying or I spoke up. Speaking up would make a difference, and wouldn’t ruin the wedding plans. “I used to love you. And now I don’t anymore. I had to go through hell planning your wedding because I felt like I had too and Daphne already hated me so… I had to fake a smile and get through it.” He wasn’t looking at me anymore. Just at the ground. “I had to if I wanted to make my best friend happy, and telling you that I loved you or had a petty crush on you or whatever would ruin so many different things. If I did, Daphne would hate the both of us if you choose me over her. If I did, and it didn’t work out, we would never speak to each other again-“

“So it would have been better if I never called you in the first place?” Kirk finally stopped me.

“That’s not what I’m saying.”

“Yes it is, Lanea,” Kirk said. He had always had to be right, but here, now, he really really wasn’t.

“I love Westly now, okay?” I was standing in front of him finally, my face bright red. I hated to admit that to anyone, especially him, but he need to understand what was going to happen that day, and that he wasn’t going to end up with me. “Daphne even figured that out without even asking me about it. And he and I had a fight, and now I feel like he hates me because of that stupid kiss between you and me,” I was almost yelling now. “And now, if you don’t get your bum up and over to that wedding set up, you’re going to ruin more than one person’s day today.”

“Stupid kiss?” Kirk said quietly. Did he not think it was stupid too? Just a stupid mistake?

I breathed slowly, and looked away from him, while he was staring at me in what seemed to be shock. He was shocked, and as was I in every way, but I wasn’t going to ruin this day for Daphne. I owed that to her. I smoothed my dress down and started away. “You have seven minutes. Be standing over there in less than that.”

~~~~~~

I was with sitting in the front row, in wait for the bride like everybody else was. I was smiling, and I was trying so hard to be happy for her, but my mixture of emotions was just… a wreck. All I could do was smile, but I felt a million different feelings inside. Worry, regret, happiness, sadness, fear, and everything inbetween that. It sucked, and of all days.

I saw Daphne come out, and I glanced at the string instruments and their players. When she got to her walkway, her road to her husband, they played on my cue. This was why I was here. We all stood and watched the bride walk on rose petals the same color of the ones in her hair and in her hands. She had a shy smile on and she looked just so happy she was glowing. She smelled like roses too, and this is what I loved to do.

It’s amazing that I loved doing this. As much as it broke my heart and the stress came close to killing me, I enjoy seeing what weddings hold, from the people in it to the food prepared and the music played at the receptions. Every person was different, and this was a different group of people. This wasn’t going to be the only wedding I plan, but this was gonna be a good one, and definitely one to remember.

For me that is.

Everyone was seated when Daphne and Kirk stood before one another, both smiling. Kirk’s looked forced, and Daphne’s looked genuine. Was he really thinking about me? Was he really gonna refuse to marry her? Maybe because Westly hadn’t shown up he as gonna go for taking me.

God, I hoped not. My brain was moving too quickly to hear the usual priestly words and exchange of vows. I was too stressed about everything here going perfectly, and too heartbroken about Westly not coming to hear much of anything, but the sound of Daphne’s “I do” got my attention.

I looked up at them, crossed my legs and watched this. Kirk gulped.

“Do you, Kirkland Davenport, take Daphne Renee Richards to be your lawfully wedded wife, in sick or in health, for rich or for poor, until death do you part?”

Kirk’s eyes stared into Daphne’s. He was hesitating. He was hesitating. But the relief eased me so.

“I do, until death do we part.”

Daphne clenched his hands in hers tightly.

The priest, an older man, smiled at them. “With the power invested in me, I pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.”

Everyone stood and clapped for the happy couple. Kirk instantly took Daphne by her waist, dipped her and kissed her. I couldn’t help but smile. But that wasn’t really why I was smiling at all.

I could see a young man with black hair and in a blue button-down in the distance, standing in front of a park bench and smiling toward the wedding ceremony. 

A/N:

It took forever for me to update, I know, i know, but since that Share Your Story think went down, I haven't gotten on a lot. Life isn't all the best out her, but i'm still writing. I promise :)

It's finally the wedding, you guys! :) Who do you think the guy was in the distance? ;)

Thank you guys who have stuck to the story and read it.Thank you, thank you, thank you. I love that so many people like my stories, even though Im probably one of the most cliche people eeeeevvvvveeeeerrrr! :) Thanks so so much though. You guys are amazing :)

Her dress and what she wore and stuff is in the external link------>

It's Time By Imagine Dragons is da best you guys :) ------>

Thanks for reading!

~Chey