Accidentally In Love

A one shot of Regina Mills and Emma Swan.
Alternate Universe.
Emma works at a local Starbucks in Storybrooke, Maine.
Emma: 23
////////////////////////////////////////
*Emma's POV*
I straightened my apron and smiled. I brushed a piece of hair, that had fallen out of my ponytail, behind my ear and checked the time. 7:58. She'll be here any minute. I smiled at the thought of the beautiful brunette who would waltz in at promptly 8 o'clock, like everyday. And at exactly 8 o'clock, she walked in with a smile on her face. Today she's wearing tight tight skinny jeans, that I'm positive would make her ass look splendid, a grey peacoat with a mint colored knit infinity scarf, and cognac colored riding boots. "Good morning Ms. Mills." A bright smile met her plump lips and a gentle blush spread on her cheeks. "Good morning Emma.. I distinctly remember telling you to call me Regina.. Did I not?" Her joking manner caused me to laugh a little. "Right. Regina." She smiled again, causing me to smile. "The usual?" She smiled again and nodded lightly. I smiled and quickly started making her treinta hot chocolate with whipped cream and cinnamon. After making her drink, I wrote her name on the cup and smiled, then handed it to her. She paid and I felt courage building. "Hey.. Regina.. You know, I uh.. I get off at 5... Would you.. Maybe like to get dinner?" She smiled again, but it didn't quite reach her eyes. "I... I would love to.. But.. I'm sorry. I can't. Not tonight anyways. I'm sorry." She offered a sad smile. "Okay.. Tomorrow night?" She frowned and scrunched up her nose a little bit. "I can't.. I'm sorry." She released a sigh with her words. I nodded and turned around. Just like that, my courage and self esteem were diminished to nothing. She released a sigh and left.

When noon rolled around, I took off my apron and slumped in a chair. I sighed and got out my phone. I saw I had a text from Mary Margret, my roommate. I opened it and sighed again.
Are you going to be here tonight? Because.. David wants to 'hang out'. And I can go over there if you're not going to be out. But, if you won't be at the apartment...
I rolled my eyes. Her and her boyfriend David are always 'hanging out'.
Sorry. I don't have plans tonight.. So you'll need to go over there.
I sent, then crossed my arms over my chest. I have an hour before my break's over, and I have nothing to do. Normally I'm in a better mood. But, today? No. Because all my chances with Regina seem to be a million miles away. I flicked around a piece of sugar and sighed again. The chair across from me was filled and I looked up to see my coworker, Ruby. She smiled and I gave a weak smile. "What's wrong, Em? You're always so happy." I sighed and looked at the table. "You know how Regina always comes in when I'm working and gets a drink? Well, today I asked her out and she totally shot me down. Twice." She chuckled and my eyes shot up to her. "When did you ask her out?" I furrowed my eyebrows. "Uh.. This morning." She laughed. "No. For when." I mentally slapped myself and nodded. "Tonight when I get off and tomorrow night." She laughed again. "Duh. Of course she can't. She has kids, Em. That's why she can't." My jaw dropped and she smiled. "Kids?!" She laughed. "Yeah." I smiled. "I bet she's a great mom." She laughed again. "Em, listen. You just.. Maybe... Ask her out to lunch or something on a day off?" I smiled. "Yeah. I'll ask her tomorrow morning." She smiled and nodded.

I smiled as i put on my apron and waited. I checked the time and it said 7:58. I can't wait to see her. She's been coming in everyday at 8 am for months. I helped a customer, then looked up and my eyebrows furrowed in confusion, seeing it was 8:01. What? I kept checking the clock until my noon lunch break. I sighed and threw my apron down on a table.

This pattern continued for several days until I managed to convince myself it was all because of me. I mean, wouldn't it make sense? I ask her out, she rejects me, then never wants to see me again. Today's Saturday. I asked her out on Monday. I put on my apron and checked the clock. 7:59. I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that I'll most likely never see Regina again. It's depressing as hell because I've pretty much fallen head over heels for her. It was past 8 am and I lost hope. I worked until my lunch break, then sat down at a table. After a few minutes, the seat across from me was occupied and I looked up. I smiled seeing the other person. "I'm 32. I have two kids. Henry, who's 12 and Allison, who's 10. That's why I couldn't go on a date with you. Not because I didn't want to." I smiled at her and she seemed to calm down. "Nice to see you too." She smiled lightly and shook her head. "And, it's okay. We could always have lunch. Or, hang out with your kids." She smiled. "Really? You're still into me now that you know I have kids? Teenagers none the less." I smiled again. "If they're anything like you, I'm sure I'll love them." She blushed and looked at the table. "Well.. How would you like to come over for dinner tonight? Meet them. And then.. After they go to bed, maybe have a glass of wine?" I smiled and nodded. "I'd love to." A warm smile spread on her face and she stood up. "I'll see you tonight. 6 o'clock sharp. 108 Mifflin." And with that, she left.