Chapter 11

Nicki sat curled up on her window sill and she watched the rain make trails on the window. She felt horrible. She knew it was all going to catch up with her but she didn't expect it to hurt her that much. She watched as her phone rang for what might've been the 100th time that day and once again she ignored it. Once it stopped ringing she dialled Lani's number again and waited for an answer, luckily this time she picked up.

Nicki: Lani

Lani: what's wrong nic, you sound upset

Nicki: I am

Lani: hang on wait a sec

She heard Lani thanking what sounded like a taxi driver before stepping out of the taxi. Not long later she came back to the phone.

Lani: what's up

Nicki: are you busy, cause if you are I can call you later

Lani: no it's fine, but what you can do is open your door.

Nicki: what

she stood up and went to open her apartment door to find Lani stood there with all her bags.

Lani: bad timing

Nicki shook her head before she brought her into an embrace. Lani just held her crying sister before pulling away and looking at her. Nicki moved out of the way allowing her to come in the her bags. Nicki took her suitcase to the guest bedroom and Lani followed behind. Once all of her stuff was down she looked at her and brought her into another embrace.

Lani: aw nic, what's wrong

Nicki: you were right Lani.

Lani: right about what

Nicki: I fell for him, and it hurts. It really hurts.

Lani: aw nic. It okay, you're gonna be fine. It was bound to happen at some point,

She pulled away and looked at her.

Lani: how about I make us both a hot chocolate cause I'm freezing and you can tell me all about it

She gave her a small smile and Nicki chuckled before nodding in agreement...

Lani: so he loves you too

Nicki: yes, and he says he fell for me a long time ago

Lani: and have you spoke to him regarding that

Nicki: I haven't spoken to him since last night. I don't want to speak to him.

Lani: part of you must want answers. I'm sure you do want to speak to him, but you can't bring yourself to do it

Nicki's phone then started vibrating again and she was about to ignore the call again when Lani picked it up and walked out of the living room whilst answering it. Nicki didn't even have the energy to get up and stop her.

Drake: nic

Lani: Lani

Drake: hey Lani, can I speak to Nicki

Lani: she's sleeping at the moment

Drake just sighed and rubbed his temple.

Drake: can you get her to call me back when she wakes up

Lani: I can try, no promises though

Drake: thank you.

It was silent and she was about to hang up when he spoke up again.

Drake: how has she been, is she okay

Lani: she's broken. She's been in tears all day.

Drake now felt beyond guilty and wanted nothing but to see her and make everything better.