Chapter 10

Nicki watched from the window of the Maybach as the houses increased in size until she reached a huge white one. The driver entered the code to the gate and they drove through making their way to the doorstep. He opened the door for her and helped her out of the car and up the stairs before allowing her to ring the doorbell. She waited before finally drake appeared at the door dressed in a white fitted dress shirt and navy blue skinny jeans with some black dress shoes. She had kept it simple and gone with a long sleeved white full length dress which had an open back and her nude red bottoms. Her hair was in a French plait to one side and she had kept her makeup fairly natural.

He took her hand and stepped aside allowing her to walking in before kissing it. He looked up at her and gave her a small smile finally allowing himself to fully take in her appearance.

Drake: you look beautiful

She blushed at his comment causing him to chuckle.

Nicki: thank you. You look very handsome yourself

Drake: I do try

They both laughed. He tucked a loose strand of her hair behind her ear before taking her hand and leading her to his living room where he allowed her to take a seat. He left for a short moment before returning with two wine glasses and a bottle of white wine.

Drake: may I offer you some wine

Nicki: yes please

He poured them both a glasses before handing her one. He took a seat next to her and watched as her eyes just scanned the room.

Nicki: nice place you've got here

Drake: I've been told, although it does seem to get very lonely when you're here by yourself all the time

She chuckled a little and took a sip from her glass.

Nicki: this is really good

Drake: I'm glad you like it. It's one of my favourites, only really offer it to people on special occasions

Nicki: and this is a special occasion

Drake: a very special one

With that he stood and made his way into the kitchen leaving Nicki blushing to herself at his comment...

They now sat at the table in his dining room enjoying the meal he had made for them whilst engaging in some small talk.

Drake: so tell me something I don't know about you nic

Drake was now taking in what Noah had told him about getting to know her and actually finding out about her.

Nicki: what do you wanna know

Drake: what do you like doing in your spare time

She thought for a second before responding.

Nicki: reading or just something quiet to take my mind off of things you know. Like going out for a walk or just sitting a park

Drake: so the little things make you happy

Nicki: indeed they do

Drake: what's your favourite TV program

Nicki: judge judy

She chuckled slightly.

Nicki: can't miss an episode

Drake: can't say I've watched it many times myself but I can't say it's that bad

Nicki kissed her teeth before taking a sip from her glass.