I popped my gum.

I sat in class playing with my snake bite lip piercings and I chewed raspberry flavored gum. My eyes made fluttered sounds and my hair was fluffy and dead from hair dye. I pushed my glasses up every now and then so I could focus better on my drawings. I itched at my knee through my ripped jeans. I played with my gage by twisting it in circles.

I had a velvet beanie on with spikes around the folded part. I am the average teenage scene girl. I wasn't like normal scene girls. I didn't smoke, I was more of a hipster artist. But I liked the look and it suited me. So I took the chance to look like them. I took my glasses off and rubbed at my eye trying not to smudge off all my makeup. I put my glasses back on and I sighed.

"Hey, Toby." I lifted my head from my sketch book. I lifted my head to my friend. "Hey Jess." I looked back down at my paper and continued to draw my drawing. "You remembered that you're supposed to show the new kid around the school today, right?" She had a smug look on her face. I rolled my eyes and nodded.

"Yeah, I know." I responded to her question.

"Sit in your seat not on the desk Jessalyn." Our teacher spoke towards Jess. She sighed and slid in the seat next to me. "What are you drawing?" She tried to look over my arm to see my sketch book. "The only thing I can draw." I moved my arm so she could see it.

All it was was anatomy.

The bell rang. I didn't see any new kids walk into the class. I didn't really care actually. "Okay, everyone, meet Michael Clifford," I lifted my head up from my paper to see him. He was, really tall. What would you expect me to say? He's cute?

I tucked my sketch book into my bag and stood up. "Okay, Michael," he had, pretty nice eyes though, "time to show you the hell hole called school." The classroom let out a slight moment of laughter.

I pulled my bag over my shoulders.

"Okay, first, you should get to know my name." I looked up at him. He was pretty damn tall, like 6'1 maybe?

"I'm Toby," I sighed. "Welcome to my least favorite place in the world." I smiled and stood in the middle of the hallway acting like I was praying to god. All I heard was him laugh.

I turned around.

"So," I stood next to him. "How did you find out about this school." I put my hand in my jacket pockets.

"Oh, my friend Luke goes here," he looked at the floor in front of him, "maybe you'd know him?" He looked down at me. "Maybe, what's his last name, and what does he look like?" I looked up at him.

"Oh," he smiled, "he's a little taller than me, he has a huge ass quiff. He has a lip ring and a-" I cut him off. "Oh yeah I know who you're talking about, he plays guitar and sings too, right?" I smiled.

"Yeah! He's, like my best friend." He smiled. "You have a lot of piercings." He looked at my pale face. "You have very red lips." I darted my eyes over to him.

"You have really pretty eyes," I heard him mumble but I acted like I didn't hear it. "I'm sorry, what?" I began to twist at my pastel pink hair. "You have really, really pretty eyes." He smirked bending his head downwards to face my bright violet eyes. I could feel myself heat up. I turned my head the other way from him.

"Toby?" I lifted my head to a different voice. Standing at the end of the hall was my friend Ashton. "Oh, hey Ashy!" I gave him a peace sign.

I could see Michael look downwards. Ashton came up to us and we hugged. Was Michael jealous of Ashy? Ha! I laughed in my head. "Oh, Michael, this is Ashton, Ashton this is Michael." I made hand signatures in between them.

They just smiled and waved at each other.

I showed Michael the rest of the school and he seemed just, quiet. He has every single class with me, because I'm like, his escort I guess.

Technically I had the whole school day off. I had to teach Michael the process of the school day and how everything works. "Okay, what's your locker number?" I looked up at him.

"Oh, uh." He reached in a pocket in his backpack and pulled out a ripped piece of paper. "It's, number, 5974." My heart literally caught on fire. "Hey your locker is like, right above mine." I tried not to sound excited, but, I kind of was to be honest.

After the long walk to the end of the school I showed him how to open the lockers. He got the hang of it pretty fast. I told him to write down the combination and locker number in his phone in case he lost the paper.

His locker was literally above mine.

"Hey, if you don't mine me asking," he looked at me, "What's your number?"