5 ▹ Welcome World

Start from the beginning

It didn't take long for Malia to rush past Morrell and follow Taryn down the hallway.

Miss. Morrell called out to the teenagers, "do you know where you're going?"

Malia answered first, "no, but I know who I'm looking for."

"Scott McCall." Morrell answered easily, making the two teens stop and turn to her. Down in the basement, Malia explained to Taryn that she wanted--no needed--to be a full coyote again so she doesn't have to face her father everyday knowing she was the reason her family is dead. She had also explained that Stiles traded her help yesterday, for someone named Scott McCall to help her turn back into what she was for years.

Taryn knew this Scott McCall was the boy she needed to go to.

"You know him?"

Morrell didn't change her demeanor, giving an ever so slight nod, "I can tell you where to find him. Both of you." Morrell gave off directions to Taryn and Malia, explaining that Scott was positioned in Beacon Hills and Morrell put her opinion in about how Taryn needed to get there as soon as possible.

On the way out of Eichen House, Taryn hastily explained to Malia that she needed to give the group of friends time, since Scott wouldn't be able to help her quite yet. Malia understood and told her that she'd join her father for a while, as long as Taryn came to get her when it was all over.

Taryn promised.

◇◆◇

Taryn had found Scott McCall at his house, actually she found a curly haired women first, but overall she had found the McCall's after the long-very-long walk from Eichen House to his house.

She had knocked on the door and was shocked to see a brunette women wearing wrinkled scrubs, holding a toothbrush in her mouth at the door. She had actually been shocked by everything she had seen since she got out, she had been sheltered away from the world for so long she forgot what the world looked like. She didn't expect this older women at the door though.

"Is Scott McCall here?" The women furrowed her eyebrows at the brunette girl who was wearing sweatpants and holding a sword and a picture. She walked back into the house, leaving her at the door, and spit her toothpaste out before calling for the Alpha werewolf.

When Scott exited his bedroom he sensed an unfamiliar fear from someone, sending nerves down his spine, he could sense something was off. That's why, after a small hesitation, he carefully made his way down the stairs to find a small brunette girl his age shivering from the cold and the nerves.

"Scott McCall?" She questioned, gripping the sword tightly in her hand, he nodded, keeping his eyes on the brunette. "Your friend's in trouble."

Scott stared at the brunette and listened to her heartbeat. Though it was fast, from the nerves he presumed, it never skipped a beat. He continued to do the same thing as he led the brunette in, taking the belongings from her and allowed her to explain the whole story about how the Nogitsune took over Stiles.

"How do you know so much about the Nogitsune?"

Taryn sat still for a moment, her heart racing and the fear shocking Scott. She finally took a breath, "I was the Nogitsune a few years ago. I managed to escape and with the help of Noshiko Yukimura we buried him somewhere she believed was safe and where he'd never escape."

Even if Scott wanted to know more about her story with the Nogitsune, he didn't want to push the girl over her limits. He knew that's all he'd get for now. He had seen the chaos the creature liked to create first hand, so he knew something bad had happened to her. After-all Scott McCall was stabbed by his best friend as he fed off his pain, something the Alpha never thought he'd have to witness ever in his life.

"Do you know how to get it out of Stiles?" Scott asked after looking at the picture Taryn had handed him. The women in the old photo looked just like Kira, which confused him.

Taryn shook her head, rubbing her hands down her face and taking a glance at the women, who Taryn had learned to be Scott's mother. "Noshiko had found a way. Something with a plant that's extinct now, thanks to me." She hated her life, Melissa could see that, Scott could smell it, the pain from remembering everything about the Nogitsune and what he had done to her.

Scott didn't want to leave the girl alone, but he needed to speak with Kira about the photo and the sword. She had to know about her family. He figured everything came back down to the Yukimura family.

"Do you know Kira Yukimura?" he figured since her mother had helped Taryn that maybe the girl knew her daughter.

Taryn's eyes lit up slightly at a familiar name, "I've met her once, a long time ago."

◇◆◇

Scott chose to borrow his mothers car, since Taryn was already emotionally unstable, to take himself and Taryn to Kira's house. He had text Kira on the way that he was bringing someone she might remember, while Taryn laid her head on the passenger window, watching the trees and houses fly by.

He tried to keep himself from wondering how long it had been since Taryn had seen the outdoors and had been in a car. He assumed it had been a long time.

When they made it to Kira's he noticed that Taryn was growing tired; reminding himself that Taryn had said something about getting nightmares about the Nogitsune in Eichen House, and to add how she walked miles on miles to find him. He stood right beside the small girl, hoping she wouldn't fall on him, he needed her help as much as she needed his.

Scott knocked on the door, hearing footsteps come close. The door opened and Kira's eyes lingered on the brunette, her eyes growing wide. "Taryn?"

The girl with dark circles under eyes smiled to her old friend, "hi, Kira."

Twenty minutes later, Scott and Taryn explaining to the Kitsune about Stiles and about Taryn's past with the Nogitsune. Kira seemed overly surprised to hear that Taryn was formerly possessed and was housed in Eichen House for three years; nevertheless, she allowed Scott to continue the story, continuing with the artifacts he had received from Taryn.

"This looks just like me," Kira concluded, looking at the old picture from World War II. The women in the picture was sitting on cases by a vehicle with a man leaning on it and smiling down at the women.

"Taryn was the last one who saw Stiles at Eichen House," he summarized what Taryn had told Scott, "this picture and this." He pulled out the sword from his side and held it out. "They found it with a body buried in a wall. the same backwards five that the Oni put on us was on the wall. " Taryn nodded from her spot on a spinning chair, she was just observing the conversation, not wanting to interfere. "It sounds like it all goes back to your family. Your grandmother, your mom."

Kira's phone buzzed beside her and she picked it up, reading the text she received. Her face contorted in fear.

Taryn sat up straight staring at the teen girl, "what is it?"

"My dad." Was all Kira had to say before Kira rushed around to grab whatever her mother had ordered her to grab and jogging down the stairs and rush to the car, "they're at the school."

---

edited, but meh

Destiny xx