Blood Spill Chapter 2

Chapter 2: The Moaning 

I stayed there on the ground paralyzed with fear. I had no idea how I could explain what had happened to the missing people. I got up after a few minutes and tried to stay calm. I then heard noises in every direction. It was that awful moaning all over again.

I started to run towards the direction of the car but was grabbed from behind. It had jerked me onto the floor as if I was a rag doll. I turned around to blow its head off with my gun only to realize that the thing was my friend.

I asked him "What are you doing here Blake?" Blake then replied "I've been surviving what else do you think?"

"So you've been out here the whole time? Where's your cell phone? I've been trying to reach you for a long time." I asked as if there was no tomorrow. "Sorry but I will explain later. We have to survive what's coming our way first." replied Blake ignoring the questions. 

The moaning only grew as they kept getting closer and closer. THen Blake then told me "Steve just don't get hurt unless you want to become one of them. I've seen that happen a couple of times and I don't want to end up killing you." I replied back "I'll try but you better not get hurt either. The same rule goes for me also. Now let's try to escape with our lives."

The noises were now really close and really loud. Then I noticed that the moon turned to a blood red color and that light went through the whole sky. I looked around and noticed that there were zombies coming out of the woods surrounding the whole lake. There was so many around the lake that I couldn't even count them all. I then heard a car in the distance being destroyed.

The zombies kept getting closer and closer. There moaning only kept getting worse the closer they got. We then started to shoot at the zombies heads with our guns. Even with every kill we made the situation seemed to get worse and worse. They would get back up even with shooting their heads. It seemed pointless to continue but we did anyway. 

It seemed endless and we were running out of ammo. It all seemed hopeless now. Then in the distance we saw a strange light going straight in our direction. "What's that bright light heading our way?" I yelled. "It sounds like a car heading in our direction." replied Blake. We then noticed that zombies were being blown away by a vehicle.

The car stopped in front of us and we only thought about getting in to escape. As we got in I realized that the driver was Sarah who had come to rescue us. Even in the car the moaning was still very loud. Sarah then asked "What are those things Steve and is this your friend?"  I then replied with "There is no time to talk right now! Lets get away from here first and then we will try to figure out whats going on!"