“Ellie told me a month ago to let her know when we are leaving so she can arrange someone to move in here and look after everything. The rest of you should start packing. The boxes are under our bed. I’ll help you guys as soon as I get back.” Brian got up. “It would be best if we leave tonight.”

I nod my head in agreement. “You can all say goodbyes to your friends later after we finish packing.” I said as I collect all the plates. The boys looked sad but excited and Alexis looked calm when they left. “Do you think they’ll be able to cope with the changes?” I whisper lowly to Brian.

“Alexis can cope well in new environment and the boys are still young.” Brian gave me a reassuring squeeze before kissing the top of my head. “I’ll go get ready now.” I nod my head and did the dishes to distract myself.

By the time Brian had left, I was in the middle of tidying up the living room. I didn’t want to let whoever is going to live here next think that we are messy family. “Mom?” I looked up to see Alexis standing at the bottom of the stairs. “I’ll go start packing your stuff.”

“That would be great sweetie.”

“I’m sorry, mom.”

I frown at that and walk over to her. “What for, sweetie?”

“It’s because of me that you have to leave your hometown and now it’s because of me that you have to start all over again.” A sob escapes her mouth as she tries her best not to show me her tears.

“Oh sweetie!” I said as I pulled her into a hug. “We’ll do it all over again if we have too. I’m just worried that you guys won’t be able to cope well outside the valley.” Alexis pulled back and frown. “I can’t really tell you much but I can tell you one thing, the outside word is different than what you are used to.”

Alexis looked thoughtful and I saw her left ear twitch and I knew she was listening. I knew who was talking even though I can’t see that person but whatever thisClarkguy is saying, I knew it was a good thing.

“Thanks mom.” Alexis said later. “I’ll go start packing your stuff then.” I smile at her and watch her run upstairs. After I had tidy up everything, I went and help Alexis pack my stuff and Brian.

I couldn’t help but smile as I remember how excited the boys are when I pass the room when a week ago they hated me for it. Brian talked to me to let the boys know what might happen in two weeks time and the news had upset the boys while Alexis seems to understand.

~ * ~ Memory ~ * ~

“What do you mean we have to leave this house and our friends?” Gregg yelled.

“As much as we love to live here for the rest of our life, your mother and I have some responsibility to do back home and in two weeks time we might need to go back home.” Brian said. I can easily tell that he’s trying his best to fight his beta blood as he felt like he is being disrespected by Gregg when he yelled at us.

“No I don’t want to leave!” Gregg yelled and kicked the chair making it break into pieces before walking off.

“Don’t walk off, young man!” Brian growls making Gregg stops but since he has a Hemmings blood. He glares at his father and walks off.

“Sorry dad but I don’t want to leave either.” Gil said as he got up and left but this time nothing was broken which I’m thankful for.

“We are leaving because of me, aren’t we?” Alexis said quietly after the boys were out of earshot.

“Don’t think of it like that sweetie.” I said as I sat down next to her and pat her shoulder. “We are leaving because we have to.”

Alexis looks up and smile at us but it was a weak smile. “I’ll go talk to those two. They are only 11 and 10 years old, they still don’t understand it perfectly.”

“Thank sweetie.” I said. I watch as Alexis got up and followed her brothers. “Do you think they’ll hate us?”

Brian sighs and shrugs his shoulder. “I honestly don’t know.”

“Maybe we shouldn’t have told them so early in the morning.” I thought as I looked outside and saw the sun was now over the trees. “There are things that needs to be done and the boys are now sulking. It will be impossible for only the two or three of us to do.”

“Not to mention the fact that I have to make another chair.” Brian looked at the broken chair with a glare. “Why can’t things be simpler?”

“That won’t be called life then.” I said as I got up and start picking up the broken woods. “Some of these woods aren’t broken. You can probably still use it and just change the badly damage one. The broken ones can go for the fire later.”

Brian nods his head and helps me pick up the rest of the woods. “I’ll go make another chair for now. You can cook lunch and after that we’ll start building a bigger shed.”

“Sounds like a plan to me.” I agreed and get working.

An hour later, the foods are ready and Brian manages to just finish the chair in time. It was obvious that he tries to save as much woods as he can and only replaced the one that are obviously can’t be used anymore.

“Kids! Lunch is ready!” I said at the bottom of the stairs knowing full well that they can hear even if I don’t yell, some of the perks of being a werewolf. I walk back to the table and help Brian set up the table.

“Mom, dad.” Gregg said. Brian and I looked at him. There was guilt and regret in his eyes. “I’m sorry for yelling.” He looked at Alexis who smile at him and Gil. “I guess it just came out as a shock for me and Gil since we grew up here.”

“It doesn’t matter sweetie.” I said and kiss the top of their head. “I know it was too much for you too to take but there are a lot of good things that will come out of this. I promise.”

“Like what?” Gil asks, curiously.

“You’ll be able to meet your grandparents!” Brian said and this made Alexis, Gregg and Gil smiles as they took their seat. When they were younger, they always as what their grandparents are like and when they will be able to meet them. “There are also a lot of place for you two fish.” This made Gregg and Gil cheers loudly.

Our lunch time was soon full of questions and excitement. But I knew it won’t last long when they remembers that they have to leave everything behind them when we leave.

~ * ~

“Come on Cherry! We have to go now!” Brian’s voice pulled me out of my thought. I looked behind me and felt complete sadness as I looked at the house one more time before we leave. The kids had already said their goodbyes to their friends and even I had said my goodbyes to my friends.

“How are we going to get there?” I ask as we make our way to the cave.

“Ellie said she had someone to bring a car at the end of the forest.” Brian said as he help the boys carry their stuff. “The car will be waiting for us there.”

“Do you even remember how to drive?” I ask in worry.

“We’ll found out later.” Brian smiles cheekily and I felt nervous all of the sudden while Alexis, Gregg and Gill looks confuse.