Chapter 16- Anywhere But Here

**RENS POV**

Everything was going great, until about a week after we moved in. I've been coughing alot lately and getting these random headaches. Amelia thinks its just a virus or something, but I i have a feeling its something worse.

I havent gotten sleep at all this past week, and if i manage to squeeze in a few hours of sleep, I have weird dreams. In the dreams, theres this voice that keeps calling me. Sometimes it says, 'You can't stay...' Honestly, the first time it said that, I though it was talking about my job, or the apartment. But recently I have a feeling it has to do with...Battery City.

I told myself its nothing, but everyday I keep getting sicker, and sicker. Amelia wants to take me to the hospital, but I keep tellin her no. She has no idea what could happen. I mean, neither do I, but worst case scenario I have to go back to Battery City. Going back means leaving everything behind. Even Amelia. Well, technically, I'll just be in her mind again but still. I won't get to actually feel her, or feel the emotions she gives me.

Right now, I'm laying on the couch in the livingroom with a sleeping Pandora on my chest. I decided to watch some movies until Amelia got home from work. I'm sorta happy I'm sick because working a full time job at 18 can be stressful.

So far I've watched all the Pirates Of The Carribbean movies, and half of A League Of Our Own.

After a while, my hands started feeling sweaty, and I felt clammy. Everything around me began to spin and I got up and ran to the bathroom as soon as I could. I barely made it, when I started puking all over the toilet and in the floor. My throat started to burn when I realized that I was throwing up blood. Panic rushed through me as I sat among the mess I made. 'Oh no,' I thought, 'Whats happening to me?'

I started to feel light headed again and pain shot through my head and my stomach. I felt like someone took a hammer and started pounding me with it.

I began to throw up again, but this time it was nothing but blood.

I don't know what happened next because I blacked out.

I only caught glimpses of what went on around me.

There was Amelia screaming.

Red and blue flashing lights.

Amelia telling me it would be alright.

A bunch if men lifting me onto something.

Me slipping away.

Amelia's cries.

Nothing.