Chapter 4- Don't Do This To Yourself

After the park Ren drove us to my house.

"Where do you live anyway?," I asked Ren as soon as when went inside. He smiled and said, "Oh, a few houses down from you." Perfect. "Seriously??," I asked. He nodded his head and went upstairs to my room, and I followed close behind him.

He flopped down on my bed and waved his hand toward my record machine. "Put on some records!" I asked,"Which one?" He started humming the tune of Fences by Paramore, so I put on my Riot! record by them.

After a few songs I heard Ren's tummy growl. "Uh hungry much?" I asked. "Heck yes! What do you have to eat in Casa de Winters?" We both went downstairs to the kitchen and I looked through our refrigerator. "Let's see. Uhm. We got leftover Chinese food, spaghetti, and Mexican food. Pick your poison," I said. "I'm gonna have to go with the spaghetti."

I warmed him up a plate full of spaghetti and brought it over to the living room. Ren turned on the tv and we watched Pretty In Pink, my favorite 80s movie.

"Why aren't you eating?" Ren asked with a mouthful of spaghetti. I was afraid he would ask that because I was beginning to starve myself again. My hands started to get clammy and I told him, "I'm not eating." He looked at me and handed me the spaghetti plate.

"Eat. Now."

I shook my head a pushed the plate to him. All he did was shove the plate back in my face.

This went on for about a few more seconds the Ren gave up and walked into the kitchen with the plate still in his hands. When he came back he held his empty hands up and stood in front of me.

"It's gone. Happy?"

I wasn't.

"Ren you don't understand. The things people tell me make me feel worthless! I won't ever be good enough for anyone, Ren. I will never be good enough! In order to be 'normal', yo have to look a certain way! You have to cake your face in makeup everyday, and be skinny! 'Cause, God forbid, you're over 100 pounds, you're fat!"

I was basically crying by now and I felt pretty shitty.

"Ren you don't understand, you don't..." I couldn't even finish. I just ran up to my room. When I got there I went onto my bed and buried my face into my pillow. After a few choked out sobs, I felt the bed shift from someone else's weight.

"Amelia. Amelia, look at me," Ren said. I looked up from my pillow. Ren put his hand to my cheek and wiped the tears away with his thumb. He moved more onto my bed and leaned his back against my headboard, grabbed my hips, and pulled me onto his lap so I was straddling him. He looked so sad when I looked at him, but I didn't understand why.

I whispered, "Why are sad?"

He responded, " Because the girl I love can't see any reason to love herself."

I was speechless because no one ever loved me before. And I had a feeling this love was different from the love we used to joke around about.

*Ren's POV*

P

She wasn't saying anything. Why wasn't she saying anything??

"Ren..." she started, "I...you lo-"

I couldn't take it anymore.

I crashed my lips to hers and hoped for the best. Our last kiss wasn't anything special. I wanted her to feel like she was worth something to me, but she pulled back before.

To my surprise she responded immediately. Our lips were moving in sync and she wrapped her arms around my neck and rested her hands in my hair. I worked my hands up her thighs and up her sides. She was so skinny now. I could feel her ribs.

I smiled against her lips and she smiled too.

I pulled back when I heard the front door open.

"AMELIA!" It was her mom.