"Oh girl, I missed you so much, I love you so much Angel my baby girl" I whispered softly she lifted her head and breathed in my face and bobbing her head up and down nickering, I laughed her eyes shined with happiness and relief that I was back and wasn't going to ever leave her again... I planted a kiss on her nose still scratching behind her ears.. "Oh girl..I'm so sorry that I was gone for so long..I promise you girl that I won't leave you again ever" I whispered as guilt ate at me that I wasn't here for 3-4 weeks, I felt guilty none of this would have happened if I had just let Trevor come with me that day.. she nuzzled my shoulder again and snorted as if saying that it was okay I smiled and hugged her around her neck again smiling with happiness, I buried my face in her neck and she brought her neck around my back hugging me back..

"Hey" I heard a deep voice say from behind me I take my head out of Angel's neck and turned my head to see Lucas standing right there behind the stall door with a strained smile on his face, I smiled steeping out of Angels and I's hug I turn to face him. "Hey Lucas" I said smiling and patting Angel's neck, he smiles but it seems forced I furrow my eyebrows together in confusion, What's going on with him?. "How are you?, Now since your out of the hospital?" He asked nervously scratching the back of his neck, I raise a eyebrow at him. "I'm great now that I've seen Angel" I said smiling he chuckled half heartily, I frowned what is up with him?, I thought to myself. "Yeah, you know if it wasn't for Angel..We may have never found..you..if it wasn't for Angel we could have been to..late" He said his voice crackling in sadness his voice held pain and sadness, I swallowed hard this whole thing must of been tough on him seeing me almost die, He almost had to go through with me what he went through with Leah, and I never wanted to do that to him, but what does he mean by if it wasn't for Angel they might of never found me? "Lucas what do you mean by that?" I asked confused he rested his hands on top of the stall door sighing.

"It was Angel who lead us to the barn where your dad took you and when you weren't there I figured out that your dad had took you and we rushed over to your Aunt's and Uncle's house and that's where we found you beaten severely so we called the police and ambulance " he said pain in his eyes as if just talking and thinking about it pains him, I turned to look at Angel smiling that she is part of the reason I'm alive and breathing today, I remember that day I told Angel to run and she did and I had hoped she'd run to the barn to signal the others but I didn't think she would actually do it, and she lead them to where I was last at I've never seen a horse do that before it just proves how strong our bond is...

I stroked Angel's muzzle and leaned my cheek on her forehead smiling . "Thank you so much girl..I love you to the moon and back Angel" I whispered she snorts softly as if to say 'I'd do anything for you' I smiled and kissed her forehead, Then I turn back to Lucas to see he still had the same pained, sad and broken look on his face, I sigh walking over to him Angel following after me. "Okay Lucas, what's up?, what's wrong with you today?" I bluntly asked he sighed and looks me in the eyes with so much sadness it brought tears to my eyes. "Josie, Don't you get it I almost lost you, I lost Leah and almost losing you broke me Josie.. I'm still in shock you almost died I know you didn't but you almost did and I'm still recovering from that..I almost lost you Josie and the very thought of that crushes me.." he cried desperately tears welling up in his eyes, tears of my own welled up. "Lucas I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to put you through that it wasn't your fault it was mine like I've said a million times I should have turned him in.. I'm so sorry Lucas" I cried blinking the tears back , sadness and anger fill his eyes. "It was my fault Josie it is, And what I don't get is how you can carry on like nothing happened when you almost died, How Josie?, How?, Its like it doesn't even bother you" He exclaimed angry tears welled up in his eyes and his hands started to shake, I looked at him with wide eyes, shocked as tears to silently roll down my cheeks.