2; THE ONE IN WHICH LILA HOLDS BACK

Just a day after Cooper leaving the farm, and life seems already a mess. Lila can tell it by noticing that she has never seen a sky so dark and God, it is just Saturday, give us a nice weekend.
Cassandra Lang was well known in the Barton family. Best friend to Lila since children, they attended the same kindergarden and elementar school until they moved in Iowa, but she had always been able to come visit them every now and then.
When her petite figure shows up, her straight hair held in a tail and an exausted expression on her face, Lila is pretty relieved to not be there on her own anymore.
"Lils, it's been a while." She says hugging her and Lila can swear she ia getting taller than her - not that is much of impossible anyway.
"Coop got mad when I told him you were coming."
"Well he could have stayed here a bit more." She snaps sitting on a chair just like if she was at her own home (anyway, according to Lila, she was).
"How's your mom doing?" Lila finally asks, and for a moment Cassie's eyes seems darker.
"You know, always the same. I don't really like my step-father." She states. "I asked dad if I could live with him, but he lives at the Avengers Tower and it would only be a mess, so..."
Raising her eyebrows, Lila takes a seat next to her. "I've tried that too, once. It was so unfair to be honest."
"Guess it is how life goes." Cassie says hinting on ending the conversation here. "But speaking of heroes and duties... Have you thought about what I told you?"
The odd look on Lila's face makes Cassie underatand she has probably even forgotten it.
"C'mon Lils - have you at least asked Cooper about it?"
"Cooper is going to be an agent, he can barely do one thing - he is so not like dad."
A small smirk appears on Cassie's face - apparently Lila remembers about her speech enough to mocke her brother but not to actually give her an honest answer.
"I need an archer, Lils."
"I need more money."
"I am not kidding."
"Me neither. I would never be kidding about money. Or your dad - do you mind if I ask him out by the way?"
Cassie's look could freeze things and the thought of Lila actually making out with her dad almost makes her vomit.
"Just don't." She says shaking her head, hands placed both on Lila's shoulders. "Plus, last time I checked you were having an affair with Wanda's son?"
"He is not really her son, you know that right?" Lila asks almost offended, as she could really consider to date her pseudo sister's son.
"I don't know and I don't care as long as he doesn't mess up with you." She states. "But here is the thing - I need him too, you know for the speed."
Lila nods, and here is also the reason of this rushed visit, probably. Of course Cassandra had the chance to recruit an archer and a speedster at the same time and this would have been good.
"You should quit this Young Avengers thing you know? At least as long as the real Avengers arw still doing their job."
It is a mindless thought, yet Lila finds herself surprised by her own words, wondering if she truly means them or they are just words thrown there to end a conversation she'd rather die than face - like many things in her life, to be honest.
"Tommy would literally thrown himself into action if you ask him - he will be glad to be useful. I can give you his address so you can skip the awkward shits and go straight up to him." Her voice lowers, it isn't even noon and she is already tired of everything. Perhaps it was Cooper's curse on her as new big sister of the house. What a dick.
"He also has a twin brother, who does not live with him because his parents were less dicks than Tommy's." Words slip bitter, but she is sure they will explain her all the story.
"I still need an archer, Lila." Cassandra says before getting up, her tone is hopeful and for a moment Lila almost thinks it could work.
"I still need money."
Cassandra sighs, and this reminds to Lila of how easily people could lose their patience with her even though she was only speaking her mind.
"Just promise that you'll truly think about it."
"Alright, but you have to know that this family sucks when it comes to promises - in fact, I am still waiting for a new bow."