"Nothing to it, really. The kids are great and I'm doing this in His service."

"His?"

"Zayn? What are you doing here!?"

Both men turned to the female's voice.

"Ah, there she is," Zayn said with a fond smile, his hazel eyes softening in affection. "Love of my stupid fucking life."

Louis felt his blood turn cold as this stranger named Zayn grabbed Faith by the waist, and pulled her in for a deep kiss.

"Gwapo!" Liit finally found her voice, and he quickly covered her eyes to keep her from seeing the intimate scene before them. Louis ducked away and left the gate open before he had the guts to yell at them like an angry parent.

Angry parent? Louis mocked his thoughts. You mean, 'outraged lover', you bloody idiot.

+ + + + +

Louis' stomach growled. Snack time just passed, but the desire to eat wasn't there. He couldn't think straight as he stood like a lousy chaperone in the middle of the open hall. The kids were doing their best impression of football players, trying to impress him, but they ended up playing American football instead, tackling each other and running with the ball in their hands. He didn't even know where the spare ball was.

The scene earlier just kept on playing on repeat in his head. Faith didn't really kiss back when this man (probably her ex) devoured her mouth like there was no tomorrow. How rude was that anyway, kissing women in front of children and strangers? This was an orphanage, not a darn motel! Louis fumed. Why did this Zayn dude know how to find his way here anyway? Did Faith invite him here on purpose? And what kind of name was that — 'Zayn'? It rhymed with 'insane' and that's more than enough reason not to trust that guy.

And now, they were in his garden behind the orphanage, his place, because Faith didn't want to leave Rehoboth nor bring him inside. She was there, with this Zayn guy, who just kissed her moments ago. God forbid they defile—

"HUWAAAAAHHH!!!!"

One of the children fell on the floor and scraped his knees, and finally, Louis was broken out of his darkening thoughts. The child cried loudly as Louis scooped him up in panic. "Children... Kids, ah, stop playing for a moment. I mean, it's... tulugan time!" God, he was confused. As he tried to hush the child in his arms, a few others began to sob at his incredibly long sentence that he almost sounded like yelling at them, Louis felt like he wanted to cry too.

It was such an unmanly thing to do right now, but why?

Why couldn't he kiss Faith in public like that? Why can't he sort himself out? Why did he feel like he couldn't do anything even though his entire being wanted to go out there and tell that Zayn person that Faith was his?

"Father Louis!" Manning Mila's distraught voice exclaimed, appearing from the corner of his eye, probably witnessing his anxiety attack. "Wash the child's knees with water. Don't use soap and just bring him to my office so I can clean up the wound."

Nodding like a robot, Louis quickly went to the nearest lavatory as Manang Mila took care of the football catastrophe in the main hall. "I'm sorry," he apologised to the child as he gently eased his wounded knees on the flowing water. The child clung to him helplessly, and Louis' heart broke. Why was he such an idiot sometimes? "It's going to be okay," he whispered, but Louis felt like he was talking to himself.

+ + + + +

"Is something going on between you and Faith?"

Louis tried not to cough out loud after Manang Mila asked him so bluntly. His eyes probably widened with guilt, but thankfully, the woman was busy tending to the child's wounds. What was he going to say? YES; A BUNCH OF STUFF, BUT NOW I'M ACTING LIKE A JEALOUS MAN BECAUSE SHE'S WITH HER EX? Clearly assuming the worst, Louis mentally punched himself. He opened his mouth to speak, but nothing came out.