11 || The Tommo Pt.1

I'm getting rusty, a 15-year-old Louis " The Tommo" Tomlinson begrudgingly thought, clenching his fists as he sat in one of the wooden benches in the open grounds of Rainbrook Secure Training Centre. His eyes were knitted together, a harsh expression on his face, ready to sock anyone who dared to interrupt his free time. Popping his knuckles, he can't wait to get out of here and get revenge on those motherf ucking c unts who were so sloppy on their last job that they got caught. And now, he was stuck here, on "play time" like a bloody child.

To be fair, it was Tommo's first time in the facility. The last time he had been held in a SCH (Secured Children's Home), he had been 12. And it took 3 years for him to land in this place for the older kids.

Smirking, Tommo spotted a group of oversized bullies heading his way. Of course they'd pick on the new guy - the scrawny little kid who thought he was a big shot. Well, he thought. They were right about the last part. He may be small, but he will f ucking kick their asses to kingdom come. On cue, the biggest of the three stood over him, and Tommo could only snicker at the thought that he can spot the kid's snot from where he was sitting. "What can I do for you gentlemen on this fookin' fine day?"

"You The Tommo they talkin' about?"

"Yes," Tommo answered plainly, a smile on his face. Gone were the days when he'd reply "who's askin'?" because now? He wasn't afraid to tell you exactly who he was.

With no provocation, the big brute grabbed his collar and lifted him off the bench. Tommo could feel the other kids staring at them. The idiot's huge bodyguards were blocking his vision of where the guards stood. "You're the asshole who thinks he owns Doncaster? Ha!"

"Not just Doncaster to be honest with you, mate," Tommo shrugged.

"A small runt like you?" The bully laughed, and his friends followed. All eavesdroppers and watchers stifled their gasps when he threw Tommo to the side, sending him on his knees. "Can't believe Tommy chose someone like you!"

"Tommy?" he hissed. "Fuck Tommy."

"You dare insult the Family? How dare you, you fucking little rat!" the bully grabbed him again and took a swing at him, but Tommo didn't even fight back. He took the punch to the face, and he stumbled down the ground with a bloody nose and a swollen eye. "Hmph. You useless runt!"

Tommo laughed and spat the wad of blood in his mouth. "Me? Useless?" He laughed again, and the bullies seemed frozen in place. He got up without trouble and glared at the three kids. "The only useless piece of shite in this goddamn place is the big turd I'm lookin' at right now!"

The turd took a swipe at him, but Tommo was quick. He simply dodged to the side and snickered. "You don't know anything, you worthless child." He grabbed the bully's clothes and slammed his knee against the boy's belly. It was the idiot's turn to crash down the ground, clutching his abdomen in pain. "Tommy was a motherf ucking coward! He didn't fucking choose me. I'd die first than be associated with that sick c unt who'd rather escape to f ucking Spain than testify for his brother!"

Jerry Adamson, their founder, was the man Tommo idolised. Locked up in prison, Jerry's future was uncertain, and so was the Family's. He had called Louis "Tommo" because he reminded him of his brother Tommy. His brother Tommy, who had chosen to escape with more than half of their wealth and watched his eldest brother rot in prison. Tommy was the popular one. The smart one. Jerry might have been more brutal, but he had more heart than any other person that Tommo knew. He owed his life to Jerry, and the whole world be damned but he wasn't going to let small fry talk shit about him.

Tommo didn't even realise that the rest of the bullies had gone in defence of their fallen leader, but he was fighting like a crazed man by the time he heard the guards blowing their whistles. He was tackled to the ground then, the grass on his busted lip, one eye closed, and the other looking up at the dark sky.