Picture perfect

Beginne am Anfang

Beatrice takes a seat in front of me. She hasn't brought any lunch so I ask for an extra plate and offer her a piece of lasagne. She refuses but I tell her I am not taking no for an answer.

"Mr. Dawn sure knows how to cook," she says taking her last bite.

"Yes he's the best at it. He makes this delicious pancakes that are insanely good. I doubt he'll share his recipe with the rest of the chef's, I think he'll do them only on special occasions," that I am sure of. If he hasn't shared it with me then I doubt he will share it with people he just hired.

"I can't wait to try them," she says. She doesn't smile much, I notice that. Her bangs cover most of her right side, she's hiding the bruise. "This place will become very successful, it just the first day and it's full already."

"Yes it will be," I say more to myself. Jase has made his dream come true.

"You know what got my attention was the name of the restaurant, SCARLETT. That's sweet, he named it after you," it's the sweetest thing anyone's ever done for me.

"That why I love him," I clear my throat, I had not meant for that to come out.

"You both are lucky to accomplish this dream together," she says looking out the window.

"What's your dream Beatrice?"

"I want to open my own business, a beauty salon. I have always been interested in cosmetology. Then I want to meet someone and start a family, something I have never had," she keeps her gaze out the window but looks at me when she realizes what she had said. "Sorry I hadn't mean to blurt all that out."

"It's okay. Happens to me all the time. But it's still not too late for you to accomplish those goals. Your 18 right?" she nods. "See you still have time to take classes. Have you heard of online classes, they could fit into your schedule."

"Yes but they require money."

"There are many programs that can help you if you prove that you are willing to accomplish what you set out to be. I tell you what, come to my office after work and we'll talk more about this," I can see the shy smile in her face forming.

"Okay, I'll be getting back to work now. Thank you so much for the lasagne and for telling me this. I really appreciate it."

"No problem."

I am glad I somehow can help her even if she isn't related to me. I was once her, working to get somewhere in life.

Jase
The place had been packed all day. I finish telling one of the chef's what I put in my pasta and head to Scarlett's office. I hadn't gotten to talk to her much. The little teasing she had done in lunch was tempting. I need to get her back.

I walk into her office and lock the door behind me. She looks up with a frightening look.

"Jase," I make my way around her desk and spin her chair so she can face me.

"Yes baby, I have missed you and with what you said at lunch I've been waiting for you to take this outfit off me and taste what a delicious chef I am."

"I know your delicious but I am working," she tries to spin her chair away from me but I keep it in hold.

"I am your boss and I am asking for your time," she bites her bottom lip, trying to hold a smile back.

"You have my time boss," she says in a sweet voice and I go all in for it.

I pick her up and take her to the sofa. She doesn't loose anytime, she pulls up her shirt and starts unbuttoning mine.

"You have missed me too?" she nods biting her lip again. "I'll give it to you babe," I pull down her jeans and panties as she does the same with me.

I treasure every movement and her whispering how much she loves me.

"You are the worst, I will never look at that sofa the same again," she says once we are calmed down.

"It's my favorite sofa now," she gives me a kiss before going back to her chair behind her desk.

"Jase I met this girl, Beatrice. She's a waitress here and she has my aunts ex husband last name, also mine," I had seen that when I interviewed her but I never knew she had her aunt ex husband last name too.

"She's your aunts daughter?"

"I don't know, last time I checked my aunt never had kids."

"It could be a coincidence baby," I don't want her getting all excited about having a cousin and then finding out it isn't true. "We could talk to her though and ask her."

"That's what I am doing but I am doing things slow. I don't want her running away."

"Okay baby, anything you need just ask me okay," I stretch across the desk and give her one last kiss before exiting.

If Beatrice is by chance Scarletts cousin it will make her so much happier.

And that's all I want, for her to be happy.