"You weren't complaining." He said smugly. He sounded a little cocky and I turned to him squinting my eyes at him. I took the paint brush and stroked the side of his face blue. He stopped suddenly and gave me that look. That one look where I knew I stepped into the battlefield. I laughed nervously and took a step back bumping into the dresser, shit I was trapped. He stepped closer and lowered his head so that he was eye level with me and smiled.

"You know," he started and looked into my eyes "you're lucky it wasn't the hair." He said and swiped blue down both my cheeks and walked away. I dropped my roller into the dish and jumped his back without warning making him stumble and lose his balance partially before I took both my hands and made hand prints on his cheeks with blue paint. He laughed and turned around when I realized my thumb touched his lips and he had blue paint on his upper lip. He puckered his lips and started walking towards me.

"C'mon Gracie just a kiss." He said making a kissing sound. I shook my head and ran to past him to the other side of my room.

"You're not kissing me Gaskarth." I said and turned my back towards him. He spun me around and planted his blue lips on my cheek "says who." He answered and kissed my lips.

"Ew yucky." I said making a spitting sound with my lips. I'm never doing that again. He laughed and wiped off his lips the blue coming off easier than I thought it would.

"You're cute." I laid on the ground looking up at my bare ceiling and took a breath. He laid down next to me and intertwined our hands together as we look at my ceiling. Lame, I know, but everything was interesting when it was with Alex. Whether doing the ultimately demanding job of painting my room, which I was not excited for, or just simply staring at my ceiling.

"No I'm not." I said. Almost by instinct my cheeks reddened and he smiled.

"So there's this Halloween tradition the guys and me do every year, and we all want you to join." He said. I looked at him and smiled.

"Well maybe if you tell me what it is i'll consider it." I said

"We dress up as the most ridiculous thing we can think of and trick or treat and head to mine for an all nighter of scary movies and oohhh gossip." He said wiggling his fingers in my face. I laughed and pushed his hands away from me and held them.

"I would love to join your tradition." It got quiet all of the sudden and I wasn't sure if I should consider it awkward or tense. Either way it felt weird. We never had silence like this.

"Why did you tell my mom we weren't together?" I slapped my hand over my mouth. That was such a stupid question. Why did he tell my mom we weren't together. Because we fucking weren't! Why was I so obsessed with this.

"Because we aren't." He said simply. I was expecting that answer. It was the correct answer. We weren't together.

"That was such a stupid question." I said and covered my face with a groan. He laughed and uncovered my face taking off my glasses.

"You don't wear makeup do you?" He asked moved his body forward as if studying my face. I shook my head and grabbed my glasses because I'm a blind bat and even up close he was far away. He pulled them away and I felt like Velma from scooby-doo when she loses her glasses.

"Can I have my glasses back?" I asked and reach out into mid air. He laughed and handed me my glasses while I put them back on my face and immediately focused in on him.

"You're the first girl that I've met that doesn't wear makeup." He said as he stroked my face and traced the rim of my glasses "And I find you absolutely gorgeous." He whispered lowered his face towards mine stopping just barely inches from my lips.

"We're covered in paint and you have your hair in a messy bun and sweatpants and a baggy tee shirt on and you still managed to take my breath away." He whispered and lowered his face more. It was just centimeters from my lips as my eyes flicked back and forth between his chocolate brown eyes and his pink lips. He took his thumb and rubbed my bottom lip with a smile.

"You got some paint." He whispered.

"You know I'd like to kiss you, but something is missing." He said

"Please intrigue me Alexander." I whispered and tangled my fingers in hair.

"What's a first kiss of a new relationship if there's no relationship?" He said.

"Are you asking what I think you're asking, but in a mysterious spy way that makes it seem more sexy." I asked with a laugh. He nodded brushing his lips with mine. I nodded and stroked my thumb across his blue cheek.

"Just say when." He whispered.

"Now." I whispered and pulled his lips to mine.

An: I can't explain how much I fangirl while I edit this.

Anyways, comment? Vote?

218 reads? You guys are awesome tysm for reading this. I might update again today because that makes me vv happy.

Song of the chapter: Kiss Me Again by We Are The In Crowd