three

Sam stayed with me as we dropped off the guys in Times Square. He insisted we hurry on to start our date, and I did not object.

"Wow, this is beautiful. How did you do this?" I awed once we entered the restaurant.

The table was in a different room, away from everyone else. It was right beside the window, the sun gleaming through the glass and illuminating the room. Around us, small lights littered the room. A single sunflower was placed on my plate, and I gasped, surprised he already remembered my favorite flower.

"I called while you were getting ready. They were nice enough to let me use this whole room. Do you like it?" He shoved his hands in his pant pockets.

"I love it," I grinned.

"That's good to hear," He let out a breath, causing me to giggle.

"So I never did get to ask how you became a model," He chuckled, pulling out my seat for me.

"It was a long process of begging my mother," I laughed. "But, eventually she gave in and I started at the age of fourteen. At that time, she was getting recognition for her work, so it brought offers for me. And it all kind of just went great from there. I'm thankful she caved in, because then I wouldn't be here."

"And on a date with me," He blushed.

"That's true," I giggled.

"Oh, about the music video," He looked up at me. "It's actually going to be shot in Los Angeles. My manager emailed yours about details and stuff."

"Alright, I'll make sure to call her about flights to LA," I smiled.

The food came fairly fast and we dug in, wasting no time. Lunch was full of laughs and sharing our old memories to give each other a feel of our background. Sam talked about his life back in Omaha, while I talked about being a New York native, who every few weeks has to check up on the LA office with her mother.

"So you go back and forth often?" He looked surprised.

"Yeah," I swallowed my food. "It's my mom and I, or one of us. I'm going this year, actually. I love it, because Los Angeles is like my home away from home."

"The guys and I were planning on moving there, but now I kind of want to move to New York." He smirked at me. I chuckled, sipping on my water.

"Oh that reminds me! How long are you guys going to be in New York for?"

"Maybe a week or two - oh, my bad. Did you need your place back? I'm sorry - shit, that was so inconsiderate of me. The boys and I can leave immediately - "

"No, no!" I placed my hands out to get him to stop rambling. "It's ok, Sam. I just wanted to know, that's all," I giggled.

He let out a sigh of relief, a small chuckle escaping his lips. We continued to chat, and soon our lunch came to an end.

"You wanna go get some ice cream?" He smirked. I nodded eagerly, even though it's around forty degrees. Sam chuckled at my childish behavior and tugged on his seatbelt.

"Wait," He stopped mid buckle. "What the hell am I saying? I don't even know where to go."

I burst out laughing at his scrunched up eyebrows and confused expression and patted his chest.

"I got ya," I giggled. "I know a good ice cream parlor."

"I'll take your word for it," He chuckled. As soon as I merged onto the busy street, I began to think.

Sam wasn't like other guys. He wasn't interested in the 'model' me, he wanted to actually get to know me. He took note of my favorite flower, then put effort into our first date. Guys I've met in the past wouldn't even go that far; they'd just want to hook up right away. But, I just wasn't like that. I wanted to take dating slow, because in the end I was always hurt.