Chapter 19

We go to the bridal shop in town the next day.

A shop assistant greets us with a smile and asks my mum "What style would you like?"

"It's actually for my daughter." The shop assistant looks at me with her mouth open.

I sigh "I know I'm only 16 but I've met the love of my life."

A smile grows on my face as I can't believe this is happening.

"Oh, ok then, what style would you like?"

I try on a size 8 but have to go for a size 10 as it's tight around my waist.

After half an hour, I finally find the dress I've been dreaming of since I was a little girl.

It has a big white skirt studded with diamantés and a corset covered with Swarkosi crystals.

I come out of the dressing room to see mum crying tears of joys which makes me have tears in my eyes. "You look beautiful darling!"

The dress was on sale so it only cost £2,000. Also we choose short lilac dresses for the bridesmaids.

Next we go to New Look to find some shoes. I choose heels covered in silver diamantés and lilac heels for the bridesmaids.

In the car home mum asks "So how did he propose?"

"You know I went to the beach the other night, it's because he wanted to meet me. So we went for a meal and as the sun set, we walked along the beach hand in hand then he stopped and told me to look to my left and there was 'Will You Marry Me?' written in the sand."

"Aww that's so cute!"

When we get home, I text my friends about the wedding asking them if they want to be bridesmaids and ask Sophie if she wants to be the maid of honour. They all agree.

Just before I go to bed, I get a text from Sal saying "Can't wait for the wedding. I've sorted out the venue and everything. I want this day to be perfect for you. I love you so much."

I smile at my phone and go to sleep.