Yeah Boy And Doll Face

Start from the beginning

"What do you think so much about?" Vic asks with his eyes trained on the road. I turn my head to look at him. "A lot of stuff." I reply with a shrug. It wasn't exactly a lie. I did think about a lot of stuff, but most of it recently has been about him. "That's really specific." He says sarcastically. I roll my eyes, not that he was paying attention, but still. "What were you expecting?" I question and cross my arms over my chest. If he thought I was just going to spill my guts to him he was sadly mistaken. "I don't know. I guess something a little better than 'a lot of stuff'. You're bigger and better than that." He got quiet when he said the last part. My heart lurched in my chest.

"You mean it?" I ask even quieter than he did. No one made me feel important before. I was always just average. Vic made it seem like I was more than that. Like I actually meant something. And that meant more than anything to me at this moment. "Well yeah. You're really great Jaime." Vic glances at me and smiles before looking back to the road. I felt the corners of my mouth raise up and I was so over come with emotion that I could've cried. I don't even think he knew how big of an impact those words had on me. It was getting harder and harder to live with him being my teacher as walls were coming down. I'd only known him for a day and he'd made me feel better than any one has in the past 2 years.

"We're here." Vic says after a few more moments of silence. Now I didn't even want to get out of the car. I wanted to go home and finish my song and show it to him. I wanted to make him as happy as he'd just made me. I wanted to show him how much that meant to me. "Okay lets go." I say. I un-buckle and open my door. I wait for Vic at the front of the car and when he's beside of me we walk into the store. When we get to the front Vic holds open the metal door and gestures for me to go in. "Returning the favor I see." I walk in with a smile. "It was only fair." He smiles and walks in after me. "So what do you need to get?" I ask and stop to look around. There were shelves every where and a huge display in the middle of the store. They had a little Starbucks in the back with chairs and tables to sit and read.

"I just needed to-" Vic stops mid-sentence and his eyes widen. "What's wrong Vic?" I ask and worry laces my voice. "Mike!" He shouts in a random direction. I see a lanky man with lots of tattoos walk out from a row of books and look around. When his eyes land on Vic he smiles. "Vic." The man says and begins to walk over. Vic looks at me with a smile and I just stand there utterly confused. "Vic." The man says again once he's in front of Vic. "Mike. Its been so long!" Vic exclaims and goes in for a hug. They embrace for a few moments then pull away. My brows furrow. Who the hell is Mike? "Oh Jaime! This is my brother, Mike. I told out about him?" Vic explains and I feel my eyes widen. "Oh yeah!" I say in a happier tone. I was just worried that Vic had some kind of fling with Mike. Glad to know that thats not happening.

"Jaime, Mike. Mike, Jaime." He gestures between us. I hold out my hand and Mike grasps it firmly in his. "Nice to meet you." I say with a smile. "You too." He says and smiles back. "Mikey I found Deadpool but I can't find- oh hey Vic!" A shorter man with just as many tattoos walks up to us with his Deadpool comic in hand. "Hey Tony." Vic smiles at who is now named as Tony. "Who's this?" Tony looks at me expecting an answer. "Im Jaime. Im a friend of Vic's" I say and stick my hand out to Tony. "Well I'm Tony. Im Mike's boyfriend." Tony says with a cute smile. We shake hands and soon we're all just standing there. "Vic got a new job lately?" Mike asks and he slides a long arm around Tony's waist. Tony snuggles into Mike's side and continues to read his comic. They are such an adorable couple. I wish that could be me and Vic.

"Yeah actually that is why Jaime is with me." Vic laughs and puts an arm around my shoulder. I give a small smile and look at the floor. Is that what I am to him? A job? "How old are you Jaime?" Mike asks me. "18." I say quietly. I don't even bother to look up at Mike. "Thats not so young! Tony here is 19." Mike gives Tony a small squeeze and he nods. I guess he isn't much of a talker. "How old are you, Mike?" I finally look up at the tall man. "22." He says calmly. I raise an eyebrow. Thats only a year less than me and Vic's age gap. I would be lying if I said it didn't give me hope. This whole time I forgot Vic's arm was around my shoulder so when he squeezed me I couldn't help but blush. "I think we should get going now. It was nice seeing you guys. We need to meet up again soon." Vic says to Tony and Mike. "You have my number. Nice to meet you Jaime." Mike says and smiles at me. "Nice to meet both of you." I smile at them and we go our separate ways. Vic's arm slides from around my shoulders and I feel myself frown a bit.

As we walk out to the car I remember what Vic said. I'd have to ask him what he meant when he said that I was there because of his job. Wasn't I the one that even suggested that we go out in the first place? Sure he was my teacher but he wasn't a damn baby sitter. We got to the car and got in. Vic started the car again and I looked over to him. "What did you mean by that?" I ask calmly. Vic gives me a confused look. "What are you talking about?" He asks. "When you said I was only with you because of your job. What was that supposed to mean?" I ask. Vic remains confused before realization crosses over his face. "Oh Jaime. I didn't mean it like you were just a job or a burden. I should have worded it better. Im so sorry." Vic looks real and sad and most importantly, sincere. He was actually sorry. "So you enjoy spending time with me? You don't feel forced?" I was making sure he wasn't saying it just to make me feel better.

"I do. I enjoy being around you. A lot might I add." His smile is so big I swear my heart beat picked up. "Okay. Just making sure." I smile and lean back in my seat. As I stare at the grey roof of his car I can't help the lazy smile that falls on my lips. I have no idea what I've gotten myself into. As we drive and the radio plays lightly in the back ground I glance over at Vic. His eyes watch the road in front of him and his hands tightly grip the steering wheel. A lyric that I wrote earlier today drifts in and out of my head as I study his figure.

But what if I was a secret, and you couldn't keep it.