I sensed Hitch coming up from behind, so in a few seconds, I grabbed both Marlo's fists, twisted them behind his back and faced him towards Hitch. Hitch punched him in the stomach.

Poor guy.

Luckily the punch wasn't hard. "Punching your own team-mates? I didn't think you were in for that stuff, Hitch," I say as I back up.

She smirked, "Who knows?"

Then, she came at me again. Just as I thought she was going to throw another punch, a hand grabbed my leg from behind and dragged me down to the floor.
That was bad.

Marlo raised his leg and I rolled over so all he did was kick the dirt. "Darn, you're fast,"

"Heh, thank you," I say sarcastically as Marlo regains his stance.

"I suggest you should start defending, Thorn here was defending the whole time," Pixis says to Hitch and Marlo. They both smirked.

"How come they get help?"

"Because you already knew, Thorn," I just stared at him.

Well, he got me there.

The two were pretty close to each other, which gave me an advantage. I lunged forward with my fist in the air, grabbed hold of Marlo's arm, twisted around and elbowed him in the neck. He fell to the floor; I knew it was because of shock, not the impact.

Then, I ducked as Hitch kicked overhead, and kicked her at the opposite side of her knee. It was a weak part of a human that makes their legs give out (true fact) she dropped on her bottom and I used that to tackle her whole body to the floor.

If this was a real thing, I would have kicked the guy so far so I'd have time to deal with the guy that I previously elbowed in the neck. For now, I just let Marlo take his turn in attempting to knock me out.

His hand was raised to a certain part of my head, but I just blocked it and shoved him away with my right foot.

"Okay, that's it for today," I heard Pixis mutter.

"Ha? But we were just warming up!" Hitch complained.

Pixis shook his head, "I have to talk with Thorn, and you are dismissed."

Marlo sighed and stood up, then started walking back into the palace. I stood up and gave Hitch a hand to haul her up. "See you tomorrow!" She exclaimed, waving as she walked away.

"Uh-huh," I mutter then look at Pixis. "What do you need me for?"

He gestured to a tree, and I looked up. On its branch was a unique looking bird, and as I recalled, it was a Lyre-bird.

"Go and decrypt it," he said. I looked stared at the bird for a minute before I nodded.

Slowly, I made my way towards it, and right when I thought I was close enough, I closed my eyes.

"We'll find her at all costs, understood?"

"Captain-,"

"Check all the districts; I'll take my squad to the underground,"

"Underground? Isn't that where all the thugs are-,"

"Brat, do you want your friend back or not?"

"I suggest we check the police departments, including Balto's Palace. The guards may have spotted her,"

"I agree,"

Then it was cut off. The lyre-bird squawked and flew away immediately. It was the voices of Corporal, Eren, Armin and Mikasa.

Tch, Armin just had to have the brains. Soon, they'll be here to question about my appearance. Of course everyone would know, I'll have to ask Nile to ask everyone in the palace to hide whatever they knew about me. But with the look on Pixis' face, I could tell he already knew what to do.

"Pixis-,"

"You will be gone by tonight. If you're lucky, the titans will stay idle, others will wander. Either way, try to stay out of sight." He said, getting to the point already.

"Y-yeah, sure," I mumbled, turning around and heading towards.

"And Thorn," he added.

"Hmm?"

"Do you have feelings for anyone in the Survey Corpse?"

Corporal.

"Well, yeah. Mikasa and Armin are okay, Eren was somehow closest to me too,"

Pixis eyed me suspiciously with a small smile that was evident.

"Okay, Thorn," he shrugged and took out a drink.

I looked back, "You can call me Bella," then I decided to go back and pack my things, it was getting late anyway. I raised a hand and waved him off.

Pixis was like an uncle to me, he knew everything I felt, he understood everything I felt. I was grateful for that, and if I survive, I'll find a way to thank him.

If he survived too, that is.

Q: What's the difference between a yellow flare and a black flare?

A: The color.

The real answer is yellow means that the mission was successful or failed, then yellow means abnormal titan spotted. It's just for jokes :D

VOTE | COMMENT | FOLLOW :))

Broken & Tainted | Attack on Titanजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें