Chapter Three: That's cheesy

Start from the beginning

"Hitch?" Marlo questioned, staring at her as if she was crazy.

"I may be weak and a coward," she started off, her voice rising by the second, "but I'd do anything to serve princess Bella," then she looked from Marlo to me, "I learned from out patrols together that we should never live for ourselves, we should live for others,"

Give a round of applause for the girl; she's finally learnt the meaning of life.

"But Hitch-," Marlo tried to protest but Hitch just pierced him with her cat eyes,

"Marlo, you can choose whatever path you want. You may be living in this shelter, but you'll never actually live your life. Join us!"

Marlo stared at her bewildered. Can I please remind you that we we're still in the cafeteria / dining room.

"Hitch," he said, "I'll join," and then he looked back down at her hand and slapped it away. I inched back in my chair a little, "But don't say something so embarrassing!"

Hitch squealed and hugged Marlo, "I knew you'd man up a little,"

Marlo rolled his eyes.

"Way to invite someone to die outside the walls with me," I whisper to myself.

After eating and all, we heard that Pixis was going to be here in an hour so we decided to get ready. I change back into my first trainee outfit and take the 3DMG from the locked storage room. I take three, knowing that the two of them are going to need it.

"Miss Thorn, good to see you again," Pixis says. I try to put a smile on my face, "You too,"

He looks at me with a sorrowful expression for a second, then started to discuss with the two others I just recruited.

It was either he thought I was gonna die or he just pities me. Either way, Pixis was a great guy.

We started with some exercise, especially the ones that I learnt with the Survey Corpse with corporal.

What is wrong with me, do I want to see Corporal Levi so bad?

No, I didn't.

"Thorn! You're lagging behind! How do you expect to survive when a titan's on your tail?"

Oh, tell me about it.

We were jogging around the training court in a line. Somehow I went from the front to the back. I sighed and started to increase my pace.

"Next are the pushups, go!"

"One, two, three, four, five," we all counted. Marlo dropped by the twentieth one and I rolled my eyes. "Get it together Marlo!" Pixis yelled.

"What now? Pushups are going to stop the titan from eating us?"' I heard Marlo growl through his teeth.

"Yeah, it'll be counting your abs so the others have time to escape." I panted, loosing track of how many I already did.

"Ha? What are you talking about Bella? This weakling has no abs," Hitch complained.

"My mistake,"

"Whatever."

After all that, we finally had hand-to-hand combat. They kept pestering Pixis that it would be unfair if I go one-on-one. So it ended up 2-to-1. Yeah. Hitch and Marlo versus my own, puny self.

We were a few good feet away from each other, before Pixis signaled and we started. Marlo came at me with his fist and I easily dodged it, he then tried to kick at me but I caught his foot on my waist and held it there.