Joint Practice Part 1

You looked at the building in front of you and took a deep breath. With a deep breath, you straightened your spine and went to into the swimming powerhouse, Samezuka Academy.

A few days before, you and Gou had become close and so when Iwatobi and Samezuka were having a joint practice, she invited you over. It unnerved you to have to see both teams while you and Gou would be the only girls there, but the idea of being able to see a fancy swimming pool was too much.

"(y/n)-chan!" Kou waved at you once she spotted you. She was wearing the Iwatobi Swim Club jersey with her ruby red hair tied up in a ponytail.

"..." Your greeting was cut off with the sound of a whistle being blown. You turned your head in time to see swimmers diving into the clear water of the pool, droplets splashing as their bodies cut through the surface.

"Wow!" You whispered as you saw the swimmers start to approach the other end of the pool with amazing speed, but one swimmer in particular caught your eye. He was ahead of the rest of the swimmers but even though his strokes were powerful, there was a certain charm to his style.

And just as fast as the lap had begun, it was over, leaving you with a feeling of excitement and thrill and you yourself wished to dive in and swim.

You turned towards Kou to ask about the amazing swimmer who had won, but was cut off when she yelled, "Onii-chan!" and ran to the swimmer you had been interested thus far.

For some reason it brought a smirk to your lips.

"Kou," Rin said as a form of greeting. And then he spotted you. "Oh, and what's her face."

"It's (Y/N)," you said, crossing your arms.

"Wait," he said grinning, "did you come all this way just to see me swim?"

"Pfft," you mocked, "as if, I'm here purely on personal interest in the school's pool not in the swimmers."

"Oh," Kou spoke up, "you can get in as soon as the guys come."

"Yes!" You cheered.

"Meanwhile," the shark-toothed male smirked, "you can keep admiring me."

You blushed a deep red at being caught staring at him. And the fact that it was him made it that much more embarrassing. You clicked your tongue but you couldn't deny that he had a nice strong style that made his personality shine. It pissed you off.

No longer than ten minutes later, the Iwatobi Swim Club made its grand entrance.

"(Y/N)-chan!" Nagisa was the first to greet you and quickly made his way to where you were currently sitting.

"Nagisa-kun," you returned his smile, and beamed even more as Makoto followed his blonde friend.

"(Y/N)," the green-eyed male hugged you in form of a greeting. "Sorry for making you wait."

"It's fine," you said, "I got a chance to warm up-" your next words were cut off by a flash of clothing flying in the air, landing in front of you, and the sound of water splashing.

"Ooooh!" Nagisa exclaimed, "Haru-chan is pumped up!"

"His form is beautiful as always." Rei fixed his glasses.

"Well," Makoto said, patting your head softly. "We need to get ready too."

"I'll go on ahead," you said, taking off your jacket to reveal your (f/c) swimsuit underneath.

"Yay! (Y/N)-chan is joining us!" Nagisa cheered.

"Hmm, this might just turn out to be an interesting development," Rei mused, observing how a certain blue-eyed boy paused his swimming enough to see that you were joining them in the water.

Not knowing what to make out of Rei's words, you decided to just ignore it as you fixed your goggles. You stood at the edge of the pool, ready to dive in.

Taking a deep breath, you allowed yourself to anticipate and vividly recall the feel of the water surrounding you. A blanket that was both warm and cold at the same time, both thrilling and calming. The feel of droplets flicking your body as it surfaced and dove back in, surfaced and dove back in.

You jumped in at the sound of a whistle. Finally, you thought as you happily swam freestyle. Even though you were able to do both the backstroke and free, you preferred the latter and used it more often than the other.

Any other thought that didn't involve your movements as you glided across the pool left your mind as you absorbed yourself in your swimming.

Rin got out of the pool once he was done doing his laps in the pool. He grabbed a towel that Nitori handed him, before turning towards the water.

His eyes widened. There, he saw (Y/N). It was unlike anything he had seen, maybe the best free he had ever seen, both graceful and elegant. Smooth, yet sharp. He couldn't help his eyes follow her as she swam back and forth, and he kept his eyes on her even after she had stopped swimming and was with Makoto and the rest of the swim club.

Then he saw the unthinkable, Haru was talking to her. Obviously not in a manner that was out of his silent nature, but enough that it was a scene to behold as he even cut short his swimming time to speak with (Y/N).

As the shark-toothed boy kept staring, he felt the beginning of an unknown emotion well up inside of him.

Thump, thump, thump, thump.

What?

Hey, everyone! (^.^)/ I am glad to say that I have finally updated! Woohoo! *Throws imaginary confetti* Though, I think that it is a bit short. Oh well. I'm open to any suggestions. Do comment and vote! Until next time!

(Re-update)

(o'▽'o)ノ