3 : Love Bus

SHE looked at her passport and was surprised to see that it said that she was going to South Korea on a fiance visa. Some of the other women were a little older than her so they were there for a trip. She was sitting on the bus by the time she saw it and was panicking. She would have to get married to be able to stay in South Korea. This was not acceptable!

“Mister, I have a problem.” she whispered it in the beginning. Siwon looked at her and wondered what she said.

“Is there a problem?” He asked. Yu-ri thought his face was too near so she leaned back before answering.

“I don't have a fiancee waiting for me in South Korea.” Siwon smiled and took out something from his bag.

“Yes, you do.” she was shown a picture of a couple kissing in the silloutte. There was another one where a woman and a man were sitting on a boat. Only Shiyuan's face was recornizable. The woman was leaning her head on his shoulder.

“You're my fiancee?” she asked.

“Yes. Most younger women are more suspicious so we've made several personas that would fit women your age. The reason why there are some men here with us isn't just manpower. They are volunteers who can act as the fiancee of the women who need to get out that way. You can get married in South Korea and then get divorced after a period of time. Don't worry. We will cover the expense for it. We know someone who helps us with it. I've never been married before so this might be interesting.”

“But...I don't want to marry anyone...it's the very reason why I left.” She felt like she was going to hyperventilate. This is not happening!

“It's not as bad as it sounds. This is not a mail-order bride scam. I would register you in my family then we would get divorced in a year or two. It's a small inconvenience. Don't worry. Others end up actually being married. But that's a different story.” he was trying so soothe her nerves. She didn't want to trust anyone at this point. She was not going to be safe if she did that. She tried her best not to focus on what he was saying and decided to just go with the flow for now. Once she was in South Korea, she could figure things out.

“Fine. Just take good care of me.” she knew for a fact that men tended to underestimate women who try not to fight them over things they consider trivial. But her freedom was something she would never take for granted. This was something Shiyuan didn't know about her. And revealing the real reason why she needed to go to South Korea was not something she was willing to do any time soon.

Hana is just a cover. She would be Shihyuan's wife but Yu-ri will remain free.