Chapter One

Beep. Beep. Beep.
"What is that beeping?" I asked myself.
"And why is it so dark?" I also asked.
I tried to move my arm, but it seemed impossible. Like I couldn't move. I felt my heart beat increase as the beeping got louder. What was going on? I heard footsteps run in the room. Then talking.
"Something's wrong." A lady said.
"Its her heart. It's beating quickly." A man said.
Thanks for pointing out the obvious.
I started to move my eyes around.
"Her eyes are moving." The lady said again.
Again with pointing out the obvious.
My eye lids started to open. It was a crack. I tried again as I opened them fully. Light blinded me so I quickly shut them again. I opened them again, blinking. After a while my vision started to kick in. It was blurry at first but then things started to clear up. A nurse and doctor stood over me. Was I in a hospital?
"Claire."
I looked towards the man.
"Good you can hear me. How are feeling?" He asked.
The beeping wasn't loud anymore.
"Confused." I answered.
I crunched up my face. My voice sounds horrible. It was lower than it should have been. I cleared my throat and tried again.
"Confused." I said much better now.
"Well everything is OK." The doctor said.
"Why am I here and how long have I been here?" I asked.
The doctor glanced at the nurse.
"You don't remember?" He asked looking at me.
I shook my head.
"You got into a car accident. A drunk driver ran into your car with his." The doctor said.
"How long have I been here?" I asked.
"A month." The nurse said.
"A month?!" I said in disbelief.
"Do you remember anything before the accident Claire?" The doctor asked.
I sat there and thought for a while. What happened? Who was I? What did I do for a living? How old am I? These questions ran through my head. The doctor sighed.
"What do you remember?" He asked.
"My name is Claire. Claire Page Rose." I said.
"How old are you?" The doctor asked.
"I was going to ask you." I said.
"You're 20." He said.
I made and 'o' shape with my mouth.
"Can I.. go to the bathroom?" I asked.
"Yes. Right over there." The nurse said pointing to a room.
I slowly stood up and walked over to the bathroom. The lights automatically turned on. I looked in the mirror at myself. My skin was a dark tone. My hair was lengthy and jet black. My eyes were a dark brown. I looked to be at least 5'5. I blinked. A knock on the door brought me back to reality. I opened the door to see the nurse.
"You'll be able to leave tomorrow." She said.
I nod and walked back to the room. I laied back down. I looked out the window. The sky was dark. Tomorrow will be here soon.