Chapter 2

It was the same thing every day. The same routine. I got winks from guys but they didnt want me. They just wanted what I had under my clothes. It got annoying. Today was different. Today someone actually talked to me. That person was Erin.

"Hey you!" She said with a bubbly smile, walking up to me at lunch. I wasn't used to people talking to me so I was startled at first.

"Um..hi." I answered.

"How would you like trying out for the volleyball team next year?" She asked, handing me a flyer.

"I might not be around next year." I said, taking the flyer from me. She didnt think twice about what I said and walked back to her table with her friends. I sighed, reading the flyer. I wasnt into sports. I didnt actually do anything in school at all. I got to the members page and something caught my eye.

#32 Alysha Nett.

That was it. This was what I've been asking for; a chance to hang out with her.

I rapidly folded the paper and shoved it in my pocket. I stood up as soon as the bell rang and left the building to go home. It was a bonus sometimes that no one cared what I did.

I got home and took out the volleyball I had in my shed and told my mom to come help me practice. It was work in itself to take off my bracelets. I've played before but I was never that good at it.

"Ready?" My mom, Pam, asked. I got in position and nodded. She tossed it to me and I hit it, but it didn't go far. I sighed and rolled rolled it back. She tossed it again and I missed completely. We did this until I got far enough.

I went inside and sat on my bed to check my phone. I had a text from an unknown number.

Don't try out for the team. -V

I scoffed. No one is going to stop me from trying. It rang again.

Alysha is dating Mike. Don't try out for the team. It won't end well for you. Please. -V

I rolled my eyes. They're not gonna not put me on the team because Alysha is straight. He was trying to stop me from being happy. Screw him. I deleted the conversation and went on Tumblr. Tumblr is so depressing but it's relatable.

As I was reading the quotes I got worse and worse. I wasn't helping myself. I read a post that said "Darling, you'll be okay." I screamed and shut my laptop. Vic used to say that to me. The man trying to ruin me.

I'm going to try out and Vic's negativity won't stop me.