"Hi Niall, this is Harry," Liam told Niall as he slid into a chair and Harry waved and sat in the chair in front of Liam. If Niall thought girls were attached to Louis then Harry was a girl magnet. Heck, if he looked around he could see a boy or two staring at Harry. He had green eyes and wore a plain white T-shirt with the sleeves rolled up a bit, showing of his biceps and dark blue jeans, simply but effective. 

The bell rung and a kind looking lady walked in, most likely in her thirties. "Good morning class, I'm Ms. Reese!" she said chirpily and continued," I hope you enjoyed your summer, I sure enjoyed mine. So I'm going to put you in groups of five today and then I will give you my assignment which is due at the end of the year. I'll give you a specific date in the future." She clapped her hands and proceeded to sort the class into groups. 

"Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson, Harry Styles, Zayn Malik and Niall Horan you will be in the last group," Ms. Reese said went on the board to write down the assignment. The boys looked at each other , sizing them up. So Zayn must be the dude with black hair and piercings Niall thought glancing at Zayn. 

Louis whispered sarcastically," So basically I'm stuck with curly, goody two shoes, new kid and mystery guy. What fun."

"Shut your mouth Tomlinson. No one asked to be in a group with you," Harry retorted.

"Is it just me that noticed that we're the only group without any girls?" Niall asked quietly.

Ms. Reese turned towards them and said ," Do you boys want detention on the first day of school? And Niall there is quite a difference in boys and girls so I'm afraid you boys will just have to deal with that."

She finished writing the assignment on the board and turned to the class clapping her hands for attention," Alright class. Your assignment is quite simple. All you have to do is write what you think of or what are your first impressions of the members in your group today. You can be as judgmental as you want. If you think someone is an anti-social weirdo go ahead, write that. Note I will not tolerate obscene language.  Spend the month getting to know each other and at the beginning of October, write what you think of them again and finally in November, write a final paragraph about them. Then after the three months, write a final paragraph comparing your thoughts. I think this is an excellent way to , not only have you guys get to know each other but you will learn how to put your thoughts into words. You might also be surprised that people may not be what they seem at first. To get a good grade I want to see that you really got to know each other and find out their personalities. You'll get extra credit if I see you interacted with members in your group. " Ms. Reese grinned widely at her pupils and the bell rung signalling the end of class and the beginning of lunch, Niall's favorite part of the day.

Niall followed Liam to the cafeteria and was pleasantly surprised at the options on the lunch menu.  Pizza, chicken& fries ,  sandwiches, all oh so good Niall thought only half paying attention to Liam ranting about the English project.

"We have to get to know Louis Tomlinson! Ugh! That means we actually have to talk. He'll probably go on and on about football. That's like his life. At least Harry's friendly. I'm not sure about that Zayn though," Liam mumbled. 

Niall and Liam both bought pizza and went over to a lunch table. "Liam if I were you I'd be writing all that down. I mean that is the project," Niall said before stuffing pizza in his mouth. 

"Yeah I guess you're right," Liam said. Some of Liam old friends sat down and started talking but Niall didn't really pay attention since he was more focused on the pizza. Harry was chatting up a group of girls at another table and Louis was seated at a table on the other side of the cafeteria with members of the football team and some cheerleaders. Zayn was eating at a table in the corner with a another boy and a girl.

The day dragged by and finally it was time for Music, Niall's second favorite time of the day.

As he walked in the classroom, he noticed that all the children from English were in Music as well so he sat by Liam and Harry. "Alright class, I'm Mr. Bender and today we'll just take it easy. It's last period and I bet you guys won't even pay attention anyways. I know that you guys are all in English class and Ms. Reese told me about your projects. I already planned on putting you in groups of my own for your end of year music project but since she already did that, you will be staying in those groups. My end of year assignment requires each group to pick a song and perform it at the end of the year. It can be an original or a cover but every member of the group has to sing at least three lines. To get decent grade, you have to sing the proper lyrics fluently and at the proper pitch. If you decide to change the song a little then make sure it sounds good. Alright, is there any questions?" Mr. Bender asked.

A girl with a blonde streak in her black hair raised her hand and asked,"Are you and Ms. Reese dating?"

Mr. Bender begun blushing furiously and said, " I am not answering that question. Are there any more? No, okay. You're free to do what you want but be quiet. I suggest going into your groups." He sat at his desk and started shuffling through some papers with a tint of blush still in his cheeks. 

Louis walked over to Liam, Niall and Harry, spun a chair around sat resting his chest on the back of the chair. Slowly Zayn got up too from the corner of the class and trudged over towards them.

"So what song are we doing?" Harry asked.

Everybody simply shrugged. No one said anything for a while, they just awkwardly sat in silence until Niall let out a sigh and asked," You guys wanna come over to my house after school? I've got snacks. We can work on the English project and pick a song."

"Sure that sounds cool with me," Zayn replied and the others echoed nodding their heads and saying sure.

"Where do you live?" Louis asked. Niall gave the directions and since he and Harry didn't have a car, they would get a ride on Liam's and Louis and Zayn would follow. 

The final bell rung and they rushed outside.