2.1 crushing on niall

monday, 1st june

1.45 pm

louis decides he's crushing on the small blonde after two days when he catches himself thinking of niall for the umpteenth time that day. if that's not enough proof for the way he's feeling, his head reminds him of the fact that he has never spent a day without watching niall's snapchat story till the very end or how he's the first one to like a photo the younger posted on instagram or how everything he talks about is niall, niall, niall and the irish blonde with the pretty blue eyes – oh wait, that's niall too.

he doesn't do this in the presence of niall or zirry though because he feels as if he's too young to die either in embarrassment or brutally beaten up. but other than those four, louis doesn't stop himself from expressing his adoration whenever niall facetimes him in the middle of the night and falls asleep while he's telling him a story about practically anything really – their last conversation on the app was about charlie the unicorn, just so you know – and how louis is blessed in the morning with a drowsy niall pawing his eyes as he attempts to wake up.

stan calls him stupid and slaps him in the head everytime while the other boys; luke, michael, calum and ashton snicker at the way the feathery-haired boy promptly ignores the miniscule pain inflicted to the back of his skull and continues to explain how niall's hand fits in his so well, how niall easily blushes, how any colour looks a thousand times better when it's on niall, how niall sometimes gets cocky and smug but all louis wants to do is pin him down and show him who's the actual boss here.

and if that's still not enough, his brain points out his current feelings towards the boy when he instantly hops out of the bed as soon as he receives niall's message about hanging out because apparently all the the other boys are out and he replies with a caps locked 'YES' before he's pulling out a clean black tanktop from his closet with a similarly coloured pair of jeans then he's quickly running to his car still sock clad with his sneakers clutched tightly in his hands. he does all of these things in less than three minutes.

(=^・ェ・^=)

"why are we walking around this part of the town over and over again?" louis groans, jokingly of course but makes sure to send at smile to niall's direction so he doesn't get offended but his eyebrows furrows when he notices the concentrated look on the smaller boy's face. the loose tanned arm around the petite waist tightens and consecutively pulls the boy closer to him before louis starts to press down the wrinkle between niall's eyebrows. "babe, something the matter?"

niall smiles slightly, pushes the taller's hand away but doesn't attempt to pull away from their embrace and instead puts his short arm around louis' waist too, it barely reaches the curve of his waist but they don't really care about that as they start walking down the street for the fourth time. "i'm pretty sure brez works part-time in a karaoke bar somewhere around here but i can't find it," the blonde's bottom lip is now jutting out as his blonde eyes relentlessly search for the bar's cliché neon sign.

they stay in complete silence for a while, niall desperately trying to find his friend's workplace – he actually really is trying, he's on his tippy toes as if that is going to help him find the hidden bar sign – but louis just revels in the warmth he got from the blonde's tiny hand and also just the fact that he's spending some alone time with this boy that is currently resembling a baby penguin with the way he's waddling. both of their thoughts are interrupted though when there's a horn and they jump away just before a motorcycle goes in between of them.

louis scoffs, cursing under his breath as he strolls over niall and offers a hand to the fallen boy but the hand is disregarded when the boy independently pushes himself off the ground and stares at the stranger that almost killed them now standing by his motorcycle at the end of the road in front of a small building. awkwardly putting his ignored hand down, the brunette only looks up with a pinkish tint obvious on his cheeks due to embarrassment when he hears quick pitter-patter of feet on the gravel and sees niall running towards the motorcyclist who's slowly taking his helmet off and it's niall breslin – great.