Chapter 7

Sam's POV

It was lunch time but I couldn't go to the cafeteria because I forgot our project at home but thank god I had a copy on my email so we just had to print them out. Nash and I went to the school library to print out the papers. I don't know what Shawn and Mia will be thinking of me right now because Mia and I had a little fight today and not showing up in the cafeteria might make her think I don't wanna sit with her or talk to her! I sat on chair and Nash sat next to me. I soon logged in to my email and started printing out the papers.

"Sam, will you go to homecoming with me?" Nash asked.

He asked me to go to homecoming with him which is tomorrow night. I can't believe I forgot about it! I didn't know what to say. I mean Nash is so sweet and caring person and I think he likes me but going to homecoming with him? I don't know about that! I always wanted to go with Shawn, we even promised each other we would go together.

"I don't know Nash, I promised Shawn I would go with him" I told him.

"Why did you promise him that? Shawn has a girlfriend which is your sister"

"I know but I've known Shawn since we we're little kids and we promised each other to go together when we were ten".

"That's nice, but do you think he remembers? I mean it's been like six years and if he does, he has a girlfriend now and she'll wanna go with him, of course she's his girlfriend"

"I don't know, I'm just gonna stay home"

"Are you sure you don't wanna go?"

"Yeah I am sure"

"Ok then"

I loved the fact that nash was a passive guy. We soon finished printing out the project before the bell rang and turned it in the next class. I was feeling kinda depressed about all this Shawn, Mia and Nash thing. My feelings for Shawn are getting stronger day after day. What's the point though? I'll never have him. He's Mia's now and I can't do anything about it. He always loved me as a friend only. It makes me mad that my heart hurts because of him and he's living his life normal and happy with his girlfriend. I wish if I had the same feelings for Nash as Shawn because Nash is willing to be with me! But I can't get Shawn out of my head and I don't know what to do! I was about to cry in the class as I thought of it. Thank god the bell rang and school was over. I saw Mia getting on the car with Mr. T, I wanted to talk to her and explain why I didn't come today, but I was too late. The car left. I ran into the woods next to the school and sat on a big rock in the middle of the woods. It was our little secret place, me and Shawn, we always you used to come here when our parents had a picnic or something. We used to come here to talk and play. I missed those days, when Shawn was all mine and all we talked about was ourselves only, not about Mia or Nash or anybody else. I remember why we loved coming here because it was so peaceful and beautiful. I was sitting on the rock by myself and crying when I heard someone call my name behind me!

"Sam?"

I turned to see who it was and saw Shawn standing there. I was crying, my eyes were in tears and my whole face was red.

"Shawn? What are you doing here?"

Shawn's POV:

I saw Sam run here so I came after her. I remember me and her used to always come here when we were little.

"I saw you running here so I came after you, what's wrong? Why are you crying?"

"It's nothing, it's just... I don't know. I like someone and the person likes someone else"

It killed me inside that she liked someone else. I mean it's fair because I'm dating Mia but I only said "I like you" to Mia because she was crying. I hated seeing her like that and I just couldn't say "I don't like you to her". I guess being a passive person isn't good after all because it's keeping me from being with Sam.

"Do I know that person?" I asked Sam

"Yes you know them but what's the point? They don't like me back"

"Sam, you're an amazing girl with amazing personality and you're so beautiful. And whoever doesn't think so is blind for not seeing your beautiful soul.

"Everyone you said?"

"Yes, everyone"

"If so, you've known me for fifteen years, why didn't you fall in love with me?"

"I... wait, is it me? Do you like me?

"Maybe"

I can't believe Sam likes me! But why didn't she tell me she liked me? None of this would've happened if she only told me she liked me. I can't blame it all on her though because I didn't tell her I liked her too. She was crying and it hurts me to see her cry because I love her! I hugged her so tight and kissed her forehead.

"why didn't you tell me you liked me?" I asked.

"I was afraid of losing her" she cried more.

I wiped out her tears and told her. "I liked you since you were 8 and and I was 9, but never told you because I was too shy, more of a stupid"

"You're not stupid, you're the smartest guy I know" she smiled while crying.

It felt so good finally telling her I liked her though we didn't know what to do because Mia will heartbroken if tell her I like Sam not you and Same with Nash because I think he likes Sam too.

We both sat on the rock hugging. She's always been there for me when I needed her. She is a true friend and falling in love with your true best friend is the most beautiful feeling ever.Nobody gets me and makes me happy like she does! Everything is little bit better when me and her are together.

Hope you guys liked this chapter.

xoxo-Leyla❤