Fashionably late

please vote and comment, tell me if you like this story or not. Thank you XD

______________________________________________________________________________

*two weeks later Rosa POV*

Dear Diary,

          Two weeks ago Damon was given a month to ask me to marry him and we are sticking to the plan. I do not like that it only gives him a year, but he is insistent and I cannot argue with him. We are both strong willed people, but I have decided to accept that I will not win against Damon. It is his

I stopped writing and looked up. I could hear the grandfather clock downstairs chiming. One, two, three, four, five. I was meant to be meeting Damon in the clearing of the woods, by the river in half an hour. I jumped out of bed and got dressed as quickly as I could, I ran a brush through my hair a few times and then carefully snuck my way out of the house.

“Miss Rosa, is there something wrong” someone asked me as I made my way through the front door. I turned around to see Lucinda.

“not a word Luc, I am going to see Damon” I whispered to her.

“as you wish Miss Rosa” she bowed her head, smiling at me.

“Luc, could you help me with Lightning please” I begged as I was running behind and I wanted to spend some time with her.

“I would love to Rosa” she walked over to me and together we walked to the stables.

“good morning Lightning, we are off to see Damon and Storm this morning” I stroked my black beauty and kissed her nose.

“Miss Rosa, can I ask you a question, even though I do believe I will be speaking out of turn” Luc muttered as we prepared Lightning.

“Luc you are my friend, ask what you would like” I smiled at her.

“there is talk in town that you and Damon are to marry...” she began.

“we are meant to marry” I corrected her.

“but that is not the case” she guessed.

“it is not what Damon or I want, and our parents know it” I nodded jumping up onto Lightning.

“so will he ask?” she questioned leading Lightning out of the stables.

“no, he has been told to, but he is not going to” I whispered.

“but does that mean you will marry Stefan when he is of age” she muttered.

“if I have not found anyone and Damon has not either, then he will step in to prevent it from affecting Stefan” I shrugged.

“life as a servant is far more simple” she mused to me.

“want to swap” I joked.

“I am happy Miss Rosa, but thank you for the offer” she returned to servant rather than friend as she let go of Lightning.

“not a word of what we have discussed must leave your lips Luc, I trust you as my maid, my friend and my nonrelated sister” I leant down and kissed the top of her head.

“I will not even breath a word of it to my mother” she promised. She and her mother were just as close as me and mine, so I knew how much this promise meant and that I could trust Luc, as I have done all her life.

“you must go, you are already late” Luc whispered to me and I nodded, patted Lightning on her head and then I was off.

“I thought you might not be coming” Damon called out to me as I arrived in the clearing.