Getting to Know You

•I start school next week. Someone please help me 👀 Junior year... It's going to be so rough ~Sam

Incipient~ 7

Riley Gilinsky's pov:

"Chester... Buddy," I say quietly waking him after getting out of my shower and getting dressed. Chester lifts his head a little and his eyes opens. "Hey boy. Good morning. Ready for another day of an adventure?" Chester barks and I smile petting his head before getting up to open the door.

Fresh bacon fills my nose and I walk over to the kitchen confused. I walk in to see a shirtless Cameron cooking bacon and has two plates that each has eggs on them set on the table. He's shirtless... Chester makes his way past me and up to Cameron barking happily. Cam turns towards him and squats down to pet Chester.

"Good mornin boy," Cameron says in a baby voice. He looks up at me and smiles.

"Good morning Cam," I say shyly.

"Morning Riley, liking your view this morning?" He smirks and I look down, quickly feeling my cheeks warm up. I look back up at him and he's setting the bacon on our plate. He smiles when he sees me. "Ready to eat?" I nod and take a seat. Cameron sits down with our forks and a mini version of Yahoo in a juice size box. I laugh a little.

"Cam," I laugh taking the Yahoo box. "Where did you get these? I had no idea you knew what these were." He chuckles and takes his.

"Well, I saw these in the cafe yesterday and I was going to give some to Taylor, but he's kind of picky so I thought maybe you'd like them. Not many people that I know drinks them."

"Well now you do," I smile. "These are actually my favorite." His smile increases. "But why the kids size?" He laughs playfully before looking at me again.

"They didn't have them in their regular size so I bought these and your favorite huh? Well there's about ten more in the fridge and you can have them."

"Really?" I ask happily. "Cam, no I can't take them. They're yours." We both start to eat.

"It's fine, plus if they're your favorite, I'm happy to give them to you."

"That's really nice of you. Thanks Cam."

"No problem." I smile and taste the delicious bacon and eggs.

"So what are we doing with Taylor and Bryant?"

"Yeah that's his name. Cool name right?" I nod. "We're going to hang out on the boat and swim in the waters."

"Sounds really fun. I've always wanted to do that."

"You've never been on a boat before?" I shake my head. "Well we are going to have a blast then. Make it special just for you."

"You don't have to," I say looking up from my food.

"I want to plus I want to get to know you more," he says swallowing some of his food.

"Well what would you like to know about me?" A smile plays on his lips.

"I want to know all of the basics."

"Basics?" I laugh. "Well, my name is Riley Belle and I just graduated from WestSide high school."

"What college are you going to?"

"I'm waiting for an acceptance letter from UCLA and Juilliard to see if I get accepted in."

"In New York?"

"Yeah," I smile. He nods and I continue on. "I have two sisters and one brother and they are older than me. My favorite color is blue, I'm usually outgoing and like to go on adventures."

"Have you ever been out of the U.S before?" I shake my head. "Gosh girl you must travel more."

"That's my plan now," I laugh. "I was a level nine gymnast and now I play volleyball."

"Are you doing either of those sports in college?"

"It depends on which school I decide to go," I half smile and he nods.

"So if you go to Juilliard, would you be majoring in something music or drama right?" I nod. "But if you go to UCLA, would it still be music?"

"If I decide to go there, if I get accepted, I was planning on becoming a writer so I'd major in English."

"Writing? Like become an author?" I smile faintly.

"I've never met a girl who's so passionate about writing. What do you write? What genre do you like to focus on?"

"Mainly fantasy, but occasionally realistic fiction."

"That's really cool. Maybe someday I might be buying a book of yours." I smile feeling my cheeks warm up. He really knows how to make me feel good about myself. It's different from my everyday life, but I like it.

"I actually have a few that I'm working o-"

"I'd love to read them. Maybe when we hangout again," he smiles. We finish up and I put our plates and forks into the sink, rinsing them before putting them in the dishwasher. "Did you want to do anything before we meet Taylor and Bryant?"

"Nope, let me get change into my baiting suit," I smile and he nods sitting down on the living room couch while I go back into my room to change.

•Do you like Chester in the story? There's so much I want to do for this specific fanfic ☺️💕