"Why are you gasping? What did Emily get you?" Matilda asked once the mailman was gone. She walked towards me and sat next to me on the swinging bench.

"It's a..snow globe," I whispered. "Whenever we went to the dollar store, I always wanted one." I took the globe out of the box carefully and passed the empty box to Matilda. It was so beautiful. It had a black base, and the globe was filled with snow and glitter inside. A single snowman stood inside it as well. I started shaking it and snow and glitter swirled around everywhere.Unintentionally, I let out a giggle.

"Hey, look," pointed Matilda. "There's the letter." The globe almost slipped out of my hands when she said that. I totally forgot about the letter. I gave the globe to Matilda before taking the letter. It was placed inside a very light blue envelope. "Penelope" was written in cursive handwriting on the front so I immediately knew it was Emily's.

I tore the envelope open, taking the letter out. Almost immediately, the smell of my favorite perfume was in the air. I brought the letter close to my nose and smelled it before I started reading.

"Hey there, Penelope! I miss you a lot! I hope you like what I sent you. As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to get it for you! It just reminded me of you a lot. Did you like what I called it? It's written underneath it by the way ;).

Anyway, we finally moved out of grandpa and grandma's house and got our own! It's on the beach, too! I love it so much! It's a two-story house with a lot of rooms. Of course, you have your own room. Your room is a little bit smaller than the one you have in Charlestown. It has light blue walls because that's your favorite color ;).Also there's a twin sized bed with violet bed sheets and a white blanket and white pillows. On the wall behind the bed, there's the white flower sticker that Aunt Angela got you for your tenth birthday. A white chandelier is hanging above the bed. Two white bedside tables are on each side of the bed. A lamp and digital clock sits on one and a stack of magazines on the other.

A window with white sheer curtains is on the right wall, and a dresser is placed on the left wall near where the door of the bedroom is. Your room is so pretty it hurts. Mine looks exactly the same, but with a different color scheme. I also took pictures of the room, and of myself, because why not ;). They're somewhere in the box. Also, dad misses you a lot and he loves you so much.

I love you so much, Penelope. And OMG! I met a boy, and I'm actually  going on a date with him...TODAY! Oh my god, I totally forgot! I'll send you pictures of the date next time, if we even last. If we don't, then I'll burn the pictures. I probably won't because he's so hawt like oh god.

I love you Penelope.

Xoxo. "

As soon as I finished reading, I broke down into sobs. I never knew it would hurt so much to have someone so close you to live so many miles away from you. I put the letter and globe in the box before going to my room to write a long letter to my dearest sister.

                                                                                                    ***

"What do you mean?" I asked, trying to act normal. My mom was a surgeon so we didn't see each other a lot. When she was off duty, she was out drinking her "sorrow" away.  Plus, whenever she comes home and she sees me, she starts crying. We never talk, we never eat together, heck, we even don't celebrate each other's birthdays. I never knew why she kept me with her so long. So, it clearly was a surprise to me when she asked to have a dinner with her at some restaurant.

"I mean," she started, placing her fork on the table. "Earlier this week, I talked to your dad and told him that I'm going to sign the custody papers. I signed them two days ago, and it's official. You're moving to Apple Valley tomorrow night."