Coming Home

Luminescence's Perspective
"They will." I open the door and walk in. "Nearin, Faith I'm home." I say loudly as I walk in "I brought a friend home is it ok if he lives with us?"

     Yetna's Perspective
I stay on the walkway to the house looking around. I look at Lumi then at the house. "She can't just ask her parents to take me in...this is crazy..." I say to myself. I sigh and look down in my hood kicking my leg.

     Luminescence/Parent's Perspective
A female barn owl walks to the door. "Sweetie why can't your friend live at his own home?" She looks at Yetna. "Oh hello. You can come inside it's cold out there."
I look back at him. "I'm sure faith has made something to warm us up." I smile.

     Yetna's Perspective
I walk up to Lumi's side and look up at the barn owl. "I-I don't mean to disturb anything that was going on, I can just go home..." I look back down again.

    Luminescence/Parent's Perspective
She kneels down beside Yetna "Our little girl wouldn't bring you here and ask for you to live with us for nothing, is something going on at your house?" She asks with a soft and  comforting voice.
I watch her then look at him. "I'll be right back I'm going to see what faith is doing." I turn to walk to a doorway leading Into a small kitchen.

     Yetna's Perspective
I watch her go into the house then out of sight. I look back at the barn owl. "Well, my mom and dad are always fighting and I try to stop them...my dad hits me. And he told me if I ever told anyone else I would get the claws again..." I say shakily. I pull up my sleeves to show large claw markings all the way down my arms. "T-this is why I wear a hoodie..."

     Luminescence/Parent's Perspective
"Oh dear this is serious." She stands and steps out of the doorway "Come inside and we will get things taken care of."

     Yetna's Perspective
I pull my sleeves down quickly. "Okay." I say quietly. I walk into the house. I see a picture on the wall. The picture is one of Lumi and her parents except her parents are both female. "Where's Lumi's dad?" I ask curiously tilting my head in confusion.

     Luminescence/Parent's Perspective
"He was a good friend of the family and he'd even come and visit once and a while but unfortunately he passed away a while ago." She says looking down at him while closing the door.

     Yetna's Perspective
I look up at her. "Oh I'm sorry..." I look at the picture again. "Well I guess all that matters is that you're happy now." I say.

     Luminescence/Parent's Perspective
She nods and walks towards the kitchen "Lumi was right faith was a just making hot chocolate if you want some. I'm sure there is plenty left over." She walks into the kitchen.

     Yetna's Perspective
I walk into the kitchen following her. "Hot chocolate sounds great on a day like this." I say my tail wagging.

     Luminescence/Parent's Perspective
Once in the kitchen she walks over to a pure white snowy owl and hugs her from behind laying her head on her shoulder and starts to watch me fix two mugs of hot chocolate.
I look at him as he walks in. "Hey do you want some?" I hold out a mug to him.

     Yetna's Perspective
I gently grab the mug. I pull my hood slightly back so it's still hiding my horns. "Thank you." I start drink to some then hold it. There's whip cream on my lips.

     Luminescence/Parent's Perspective
The barn owl whispers something to Faith while they watch him.
I smile at him and take a small sip from my mug. "Good isn't it, Faith always knocks it out of the park."

     Yetna's Perspective
I nod and finish it then lick my lips. I look up at the two owls. "So are you guys friends or...?" I ask innocently.