Dear Becky

To the best friend a girl could have.
Rebekah, you mean the world to me. Did you know that I always wanted you to be my maid of honor when we were older? You were my best friend, and honestly, you still are. I think about you every day. There's so many things I wish I could tell you. I wish I could just call you up and tell you every detail of every day. I guess you get to see everything though. I know you always hated Josh, because he treated me so terribly, and we broke up right before graduation, but then I ended up taking him back and we were married. I didn't want a maid of honor because that was your spot, but eventually I did pick someone. It wasn't the same though. We divorced three years later, you had a small part in that because I always had your words in my head and after so many friends and co-workers told me I needed to leave him, it was always you whose voice stood out stronger. I moved on and found someone who really cares about me. I think you would definitely approve! Maybe you had a hand in guiding me to him. I hope so. We were married in 2013 and we just had our first baby, a boy, back in May. My original due date was the fifteenth so of course the only thing I could think about was you. His name is Noah. I wish he could have known you. I've got pictures of us though and I'm going to tell him all about you when he's older. How you changed my life. How good of a person you were. How great of a friend. You were so amazing. So beautiful. So full of life. So happy. There's a lot I wish I could go back and change. I wish I could bring you back. I never realized how permanent death is until you. I've never cried so hard. My own family members have passed and it wasn't as hard as it was with you. I have so many great memories though and I cherish them so much. I have the big fluffy Lion you got me for my 17th birthday! Remember that day? We went to the haunted house and they pushed us in without the guys and we stayed in that spot and wouldn't move until they came in! Haha and you had your palm read by that crazy lady. The lion stays in my closet along with your pants. You gave them to me not long before you passed away and I love them so much. I've never worn them or washed them, they're too special and I don't want to ruin them. Did you know you were the only thing about high school I liked? You really made my day and I thank you so much for that. You were all I ever talked about and I still do! My very first tattoo was of a star on my 25th birthday, I got it to remind me of you. We tried out for the All Star team together but I sucked haha and you were so great! I remember that day so vividly. I remember we were outside in my Bronco before the tryouts and I gave you these little star hair clip things and you put one on right then. Your mother (I think) also put one in your hair at your viewing. It made me so happy to see it in your hair but so sad to see you like that. As I sit here writing you this, I'm looking at pictures of us together. I always thought it would be so hard to write to you and it definitely is. I miss you every single day. I think about you every single day. You're always in my heart and that's where you'll stay, forever. I can't wait to see you again, in another life. Share all that we've seen, and done. Gossip about everything! But most importantly, I just want to hug you one more time. I can't believe it's been over 11 years since I've seen your beautiful face. It feels like just yesterday we were singing the National Anthem at Military Ball together. I really wish I could get a copy of that, I know there were people there that recorded it. I just want to see you so badly, see your face, once more, in all its light. I miss you Rebekah. I love you!

Formerly, Ashley Griffith- now Ashley Wyche ❤