Tomato Basil Pizza

Every Friday is pizza Friday. And every Friday Shawn an I argue over what pizza to get. Our usual order is three small pizzas: a cheese one, that we both eat, the pizza I picked and the pizza Shawn picked.

I'm not a big fan of tomatoes but I like them on pizza. You can't really taste the tomatoes and the mixture of the cheese, basil and garlic is good. Every time I order it I try to get Shawn to try it, telling him that you can't even taste them! He refuses every time.

This time I'm determined to get Shawn to try it. I haven't ordered it in a few weeks so hopefully he won't think of it. "So what's your pizza choice the week?" I ask Shawn as he enters the kitchen.

"I think I'm in the mood for meatball!" he said rubbing his hands together, "What's yours?"

Tomato basil. "Um, I'm not sure yet, I'll decide when I call to order it. I'll order it in about 10 minutes, yeah? So it'll come just in time for the movie."

"Sound like a plan, Stan," Shawn says.

The ten minutes pass and I go outside to order the pizza. I walk out onto the deck and look into the window to make sure Shawn isn't in earshot. I call the pizza place and order a small cheese, meatball and tomato basil pizza.

About thirty minutes later, the pizza delivery man shows up. I pay and tip him then bring the pizzas into the kitchen. "Pizzas here!" I scream. I hear Shawn running down the stairs and into the kitchen. "Someone's hungry,"I chuckle.

"Sure am," he responds, rubbing his stomach.

"I got this really good new pizza, you should try it," I start my attempt to get Shawn to try the tomato basil pizza.

"Ooh, what kind?" he asks.

"You'll see," I tell him. "Close your eyes and take a bite."

"I'm scared," he says, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh, don't be," I hush him. "Now close your eyes! No peeking," I say and take out a slice of tomato basil pizza. "Now open your mouth."

Shawn opens his mouth like an ill three year old at the doctor's office. I position the tip of the pizza into his mouth so he can bite it. "Okay, now take a bite," I tell him. He bites down and takes a huge bite out of the pizza. "So? Do you like it?" I ask.

He chews for a bit, making various faces before he finally speaks. "Mmm, its pretty good. What kind is it?" He opens his mouth for another bite.

"Tomato Basil," I tell him. He opens his eyes and they widen. He makes a gagging face and I roll my eyes. "You're so ridiculous. Not even two seconds ago you said it was good, you even took another bite! Now that you know what it is you don't like it?"

"Okay, okay, you got me," he puts his hands up. "I guess it is good. Tomatoes automatically make me want to gag."

"I know it's good, I've been trying to tell you that."

He shows his signature dorky grin, "You're right, tomatoes, on pizza, are decent."

"I'm always right, aren't I?" I ask, flipping my hair.

"I'm kind of obligated to agree with that," Shawn chuckles.

"Got that right."

--

check out record store and catfish if you haven't already!

also submit some funny stories for my fuckboy stories book!

vote, comment, share and follow!