Chapter 21 - 10th Grade exams (Third Person)

It was a long two months, but, everyone was nervous because now they had exams to worry about and that meant cramming in extra studying in school. People had awkward exam times and so some classes merged. Ash sat with Gary in math just before their exam.

"So the square root of 64 is, erm, 8" Gary had a focused head on. He looked ready to go for his math exam. "Then, 8-2 is 6, so X is 6. Then you do 6x6x6 which is 212" Ash nodded in confirmation and Gary fist pumped into the air. He wasn't great at math, so having Ash, who although was not amazing at it, he was higher up than Gary.

They spent the next hour going over every possible topic in math, before it was time.

Everyone stood in tense silence, as row by row filed into the exam hall.

Then, pens began to furiously write and calculators began to answer questions. Many people looked stressed, while others sat, calm and confident. Ash was focusing on a particular question. He had the formula in his head he just couldn't finish the puzzle. Gary was flying through the paper like it was nothing, he was getting a lot wrong but was content with his speed. Most of the others sat with super concentrated faces, trying to work out different equations.

After two exams, the day ended and everyone relaxed.

But, then, it continued day after day with different exams, until they finished.

As soon as the last exam ended, everyone cheered. Teachers had widespread grins across their faces, being happy for the children.

The group met up on the last day of the school year, like it was one more meeting in school for several weeks, and, well, it was.

"To a great summer and an even better year of school" Bottles of cola clanged together as they all cheered. The school year was rough but they finished it as friends.

Ash and and Serena had a holiday booked for Hawaii. Serena mentioned something about always wanting to go there and so Ash chose it for their destination.

They met at the airport, their tired Moms following behind. They would come back to their exam results and the rest of the summer.

"Bye Mom, I'll call when we land" Ash said to his Mom. He began waving as Serena was saying bye to her mom.

They sat on the plane and excited smiles covered their faces.

"This is going to be great" Serena said, seeming giddy.

"The best part about it, is being with you" Ash's words made Serena blush, so she rested her head on his chest. She spent the whole journey sleeping on Ash and he spent some time watching her, with a huge smile. He knew everything was perfect, and, midway through stroking Serena's soft honey blonde curls, Ash was fast asleep, smiling.

Hawaii, the beautiful island, awaited Serena and Ash as a week of holiday adventure was about to begin.

-
Eek. Amourshipping needs cranking up a notch, get ready for these next few chapters.
Mark©
-