Chapter 5 - Aftermath (Ash)

Monday came around and I decided not to go to school. I couldn't face anyone. My eyes were still red from crying. Why Serena?

My mom was at work so I stayed in bed.

Throughout the day, I received messages from everyone and the constant ringing of my phone was driving me insane.

The first message I read was the last.

'This isn't fair on everyone else, Ash. Come on'

A rage masked over my face again. I began to rapidly reply in a series of messages. Dawn was being foolish.

'Fair? You want to know what isn't fair? This whole ordeal isn't fair. It wasn'f exactly fair when she was all over Calem '

I clenched my phone angrily. The feeling in my stomach made me want to punch something, anything. Frustration overcame my emotions and I realized there was nothing to be sad about.

"You can do better than her Ash. There are plenty more fish in the sea" I began talking to myself.

"They'll see, I will go to school tomorrow and act like nothing happened at all" Another messaged caused my phone to vibrate.

'Calem is in hospital because of you! You didn't have to be angry and take it out on him! Think about how he feels about this' Dawn replied. She didn't and would never understand the promise of revenge I made if Calem tried anything.

'Erm. I have been in his situation before or does no one remember that I was attacked last year?' I was even more angry now. Dawn wasn't helping me get over this whole situation. I decided to turn off my phone. That was enough Dawn for one day.

Being at home in silence was worse than being in school. The only thing accompanying me was my thoughts and I couldn't help but only think about Serena.

Her beautiful smile. Her eyes. Her everything. She was my world, until Calem came crashing down. She called it a stupid mistake but it doesn't take a minute to realize when it's a mistake.

That night, as I had expected, the guys knocked on my door.

"Leave me alone" I said angrily as I opened the door.

"Ash, we are not leaving until we can talk, come with us" Cilan gestured outside and I reluctantly followed.

Once we got to the park, they suggested I let off some steam with some basketball. I let all of my anger out on the game and used it to score again and again and again, over and over. Once we finished playing, we lost count of the score as I had scored to many baskets.

"Ash, this whole situation. Did Calem deserve it?" Gary asked curiously.

I clenched my fists as rage waved over me.

"Deserve it?" I laughed "He pretty much asked for it"

"Ash you should tell them" Cilan proposed this idea. I had forgot he knew about that day.

I told everyone about the day Calem set me up and I was attacked and hospitalized. I told them about my promise to Calem. If he tried anything then I would get my revenge.

"Calem sure is a big S.O.B, huh" Kenny sighed and began messing with his pockets to distract himself.

"I still need my revenge for what he did with Serena" I clenched my fists again "That was only the beginning "

"Ash, I think you have done enough" Dawn began walking up and was closely followed by the girls. Including Serena, who looked upset still.

"Oh, get over it!" I shouted "I haven't done as much as them. I wasn't the cause of anything!"

Serena looked liked I had stabbed her in the chest. It hurt to see her upset, but I felt betrayed.

"Don't you think she feels bad about this? It was one mistake. Why can't you see passed it?" Dawn looked fed up.

"Oh, Dawn" I laughed and she seemed puzzled "I can see passed what happened. All I see is a future, without any of this mess" I had fire in my eyes again, ready to set the world on fire. The most random feeling in the world came over me. I felt like I wasn't needed in this life, but I shook the thought off, it was Serena I didn't need.

"I am going home and I want no one to follow me" I stormed off at a rapid pace, hearing countless amounts of  'Ash wait' or 'It's ok Serena, you don't need him.

Getting home and opening the door, I slammed it shut behind me and hurried back to my room.

This was the aftermath of my best and worst year ever and yet all I could do was be angry at myself. At Calem.

The one person I still felt the same for was that one girl that stood out.

Her ocean blue eyes sending waves of affection. Her honey blonde hair, flowing through the wind and through my hands. The way she dresses, everything so perfect.

Oh, Serena. I still love you. But, I can never forgive you.