15 Annabeth

Percy

I knew I would have to leave Annabeth. After a whole year I had finally gotten to see her. And now... I was leaving tomorrow. As I patrolled the border around the hunters, Annabeth came. I turned into human, and met her with a hug. I held her. She met my eyes, and I looked into hers. I rested my hands on her waist and she she put her arms on my shoulders.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"You're leaving. Can't you quit the hunt?" She asked.

"No. It's my oath. Sworn in the Styks, you know." I said.

"I'll Skype you every night." Annabeth said. "Or I can join the hunt-"

"No. We can't stay together if you do." I said.

"I guess you're right." She sighed.

"Annabeth, I love you. I don't want to lose you." I said. "If you join the hunt and break your oath you'll die."

"I know. I love you too, Seaweed Brain." She said. She kissed me.

"Percy!" Artemis yelled. "You're off border patrol!"

"Yes, my lady!" I yelled back.

"Let's head to the creek," Annabeth suggested.

"Yeah," I agreed.

"Percy." Nico called from behind. "Can I talk to you?"

"Yeah. One second Annabeth," I said. Her face paled, but she leaned against a tree.

I walked over to Nico. "What's up?"

"Percy... I feel like I need to tell you this... While you were gone..." His face was full of guilt and he was barely able to keep eye contact. He was stuttering and trailing off. "I mean, 9 whole months. We knew you weren't dead. One day by the sea I found her and..." Nico looked away. "Never mind."

"Um, ok?" I said. I walked back to Annabeth and took her hand.

"What was that about?" She said, her face still pale.

"He didn't say," I replied. With that we kissed and headed to the creek.