Chapter eight

February was around the corner and Hermione had came rushing into the library to tell me that Harry had lied to all of us about figuring out the golden egg. He'd told me that he had figured it out before the Yule Ball so I hadn't need to ask about it again but now that I'd found he'd lied I wanted to strangle him.

"Harry, you told me you'd figured the egg out weeks ago!" Hermione hissed on the bridge and I crossed my arms, tapping my footas he looked at us sheepishly. "The second task is only two days away!"

"Really Hermione I had no idea." Harry rolled his eyes and I snapped my fingers at him frowning.

"Don't snap at her because you lied. I'm very annoyed about that." I kept my frown on and Hermione began to talk to him, telling him he needed to pull his socks up. I felt a slight zap on my shoulder that made me up and I rubbed it absently but every few seconds the zaps got worse and worse. Turning around I looked around and in the distance Cedric Diggory was waving at me furiously, trying not to catch my brother's attention.

"I'll see you later mister." I snapped at Harry picking up my bag and walking away to leave him with Hermione who was berating him like only a mother could. Quickly jogging over to him, I walked along side him in silence for a moment before we could hide somewhere a bit more quiet.

"How... how are you?" He asked me and I looked at him oddly, crossing my arms in confusion.

"Spectacular." I muttered wanting him to get to the point. He looked around cautiously as he friends walked by eyeing me off asthey went.

"I realised I never really thanked you... or your brother properly for tipping me off about those dragons." He shrugged and I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Look if I had had it my way I wouldn't have told you... but Harry had some stupid moral idea that you would do the same for him so-"

"Exactly!" He exclaimed smiling at me and I felt my heart beat funny, never really noticing that he was really quite charming, "You know the Prefects' bathroom on the fifth floor?"

"I do now." Remember I don't go here.

"It's not a bad place for a bath." He whispered in my ear leaning forward and for a split second, I thought he was making a pass at me. Stepping back I went to happily decline when he followed it up by saying, "Just get Harry to take the egg and mull things over in the hot water."

I felt more confused than I did at the start of this conversation and he walked away, smiling into the distance and I couldn't help but think that he had an extremely charming smile that I couldn't stop thinking about. Shaking my head, I walked away thinking he was a crazy kid. Walking back to the bridge slowly, I saw that Hermione had finally stopped telling Harry off and was talking about Viktor.

"Viktor is more of a physical being..." she sighed into the distance and I raised my eyebrow at her. They both jumped, thinking they were alone and I grinned as I stood next to Harry.

"Least he gets physical with you, Marius won't even kiss me!" I pouted and Harry gagged while Hermione giggled her cheeks going red, "Harry I just spoke with Diggory and..."

Sitting in the Great Hall finishing off a essay of mine that was due the second period when Marius walked in with Felix who looked like a love sick puppy. Frowning at them, I put my quill behind my ear as I tried to listen to their conversation. They spoke in hushed whispers and the moment they saw me looking at them, Felix shook his head and walked away roughing my hair up as he did.

"Ass." I called out to him and he didn't turn around as he walked straight out of the Great Hall. "What was that all about?" I ambushed Marius as slumped next to me shaking his head.