Chapter 1: Pilot Part I

"Jade, wake up, it's our first day!" My younger twin yelled through my bedroom door. "I'm awake!" I yelled back.

I got up from my bed and hopped in the shower. When I got out, I dried off, then put on blue skinny jeans and a red tank top, and slipped on my black, knee length, leather, high-heeled boots and a leather jacket.

Me and Elena had our differences. Elena was a caring, nice, too serious goody two shoes. While I was a reckless, sarcastic troublemaker, who got detention. Elena had straight hair with brown eyes, and I have curly hair and golden, kinda of a honey color, eyes. And also, I am a witch. But my family doesn't know. 

I developed my powers when I was thirteen. I knew something was wrong with me but I couldn't tell my parents because I was scared they would see me as a freak. One night, I had a dream. I was in the woods inside an old abandoned house and someone was there. She said her name was Emily. She told me to talk with Sheila Bennett, my best friend, Bonnie's Grams. So that's what I did. She gave me one of her grimoires and taught me how to use and control my powers. She said my powers are stronger than hers now. 

 I walked out of my bedroom and went down the stairs.

"Toast, I can make toast." Jenna said, and I walked over to the coffee maker. 

 "It's all about the coffee Aunt Jenna." I said.

 "Anybody need lunch money?" Jenna asked. 

"No, I'm good." Elena said and I went and grabbed the money out of her hand and so did Jeremy. 

"A number two pencil?" Jenna asked. 

"Don't you have a meeting?" I asked. 

"I'm meeting with my thesis adviser.....now. Crap!" Jenna exclaimed. 

"Go, we'll be fine." Elena said. 

"Are you sure?" Jenna asked. 

"Yes! Go already!" I said.

 "Do you want a ride with me and Bonnie?" Elena asked me.

 "No, I have my own car, remember?" I said smiling.

 "Why did you get one and I didn't?" Elena pouted. 

"Well, don't forget, I'm older." I smiled. 

"Yeah, by 2 minutes!" She said, frowning, and walked out the door.

 I grabbed my keys and walked out to my red truck. Well, Elena always got everything, and my parents knew how I felt so they got me something she doesn't have. 

I was always in Elena's shadow. I liked Matt first. He was my first kiss. I told Elena about it and the next day, she asked him out. But I'm over it now, it was years ago. She'll always be everyone's first pick. She'll always be the golden twin, the smarter, prettier and more involved twin. Now that I think about it all my friends are Elena's friends.

I pulled up to the school parking lot and parked my truck. I walked through the double doors and walked to Bonnie's locker and started talking to her and Elena. 

"Hey, guys." I said and smiled. 

"Hey, Jaedyn, how are you doing?" Bon asked me. 

"I'm great." I said. 

I knew Mom and Dad would want me to be happy and move on, so that's what I am and doing. I've accepted it. There's nothing I can do. They are dead and they are in a better place, so I won't be bummed out about it like Elena and Jeremy. 

Elena looked over at Matt and said, "He hates me." 

"He doesn't hate you. That's the 'You dumped me, but I'm too cool to show it and I'm secretly listening to Air Supply's greatest hits'." Bonnie said.