17- Seriously?

Elliot is Above
---------------------------
Alexander stared at the brunette woman in front of him with a clenched jaw and narrowed eyes. He wasn't quite sure if he had heard her correctly.

She couldn't possibly be telling him that his own mother was giving him an ultimatum, and about the woman he was dating. He didn't know his mother was so devious, and so conniving that she would take away his inheritance money and his job.
All because of Jadelynn.

He was honestly surprised, though. His mother never seemed like the racist or discriminating type. Throughout his life he had multiple friends that were all types of ethnicities, and his mother treated them cordially and respectfully.
So what was so different about Jadelynn?

Alexander realized that if his mother was putting this on him, then she was probably telling Jadelynn things as well- or would eventually. He only hoped the things she was telling her or would tell her weren't detrimental enough for her to decide to leave him. If he could just get her on the phone to make sure his mother didn't do anything, it would calm some of his nerves.

That was really the only thing he was worried  about. The money was nothing to him because he knew for a fact that his father wasn't going to let his mother control any aspect of the company. He never had, whether his mother knew it or not, so it was an empty threat. And legally, there was no way for her to take away the money he earned on his own.

"Get out of my office."

"Mr. Kingman-" she tried to say. But he rose his hand up which halted her words.

"I said get the hell out. And do not come back with this bullshit" he yelled.

The woman looked surprised by his outburst but still gathered her things quickly and exited through the door. When she was out he let out a long string of curse words, fighting the urge to punch his desk. He wanted to hit something, punch a damn wall. Anything to let all of his pent up anger out. He couldn't believe his mother was doing this.

She was a complete psycho. A controlling, and deceiving old woman.

He grabbed his phone and marched out of his office, telling Reba he was taking the day off and not coming back. He needed a fucking drink. Either that or a old Cuban cigar. He only smoked them on special occasions, but right now he just needed something to calm his nerves. But a couple of shots would do.

When he was in the car he realized that he still needed to call Jadelynn and make sure she was okay. As he went through his phone to find her contact his hands became sweaty, and he became nervous. In the back of his mind he kept hoping his mother hadn't manipulated Jadelynn in some way, or lied to her. If she had he knew Jadelynn wouldn't fall for it, but it still would set them back a couple of steps.

He pressed the call button and it rang, and rang unit she picked up, a perky tone in her voice. Which was much better than how she sounded earlier. It seemed like she was always sick or just unhealthy. He needed to talk to her about that soon.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Jade. How are you? You sound better baby, much better."

"I know! I ate some soup and used a lot of hot sauce and it just cleared everything out for me."

He chuckled and pulled out of the lot, getting onto the road.

"That's good. I'm glad you feel better. I'm actually taking the day off too. I don't feel very well."

He told her, almost smiling at how concerned he knew she was going to sound. It was endearing to hear.

"Well what happened, A? I just talked to you on the phone thirty minutes ago. Are you okay?"