14. The Transfer.

*Thomas texts will be in italics. Joel texts will be in bold.*

I have spent the weekend looking at jobs that don't have Joel as the boss. A school close by needs a tenth grade history teacher and I've applied to move there as soon as possible. The people seem to be okay with it, stating the sub they had contracted for long term has been a mess. I don't look forward to telling Steph.
     I accept the position at the school on a Thursday, telling them I will need two weeks to tie things up here at the prep school. I ask Steph to meet in my room for lunch, and she walks in on me pouting. "What's up, buttercup?" She asks me, sitting across from me.
     "I'm leaving," I blurt, eyes widening at her shocked expression. "Excuse me? You're what?" I can't handle her disappointment anymore so I look down. "I'm leaving the school. Took a job at Forest Hills, I'll be done here a week from tomorrow."
     "What the fuck? Why? Is it because of Joel? That's dumb!" She all but yells at me. "Yes, it's because of him. I can't be here with him anymore. He broke my heart, Steph. I can't be here. I'll still live in the same place. I can still see you." She looks like she's ready to cry.
     "Well I think you're being stupid as fuck, so I won't be supportive. But thanks for telling me. I'll miss you," and with that, she leaves without even looking at me. I feel awful but I need to take care of myself. The person I have to tell at the end of the day is going to be the worst.
•••
     The day goes slowly, time ticking by at a snail's pace. It's finally 3, the kids are gone, so I head to find Joel and provide my official resignation.
     I find Joel's office door open, him sitting there looking deep in thought. I knock, announcing my presence and he looks surprised to see me. "Thomas, come in. What's up? Is something wrong?" I'm apparently very obvious.
     "Uh, I have something I need to give you," I mumble, moving toward his desk. I hand him the sheet of paper and watch as he reads it, his brows pulling together. "What the hell is this, Thomas?"
     "It's obvious isn't it?" I sigh, too tired to do this. "You're quitting? You're leaving the school?" I simply nod. "Is this because of me?" I nod again. "Please don't do this, you know I'm sorry. You know I want you. Just please don't do this."
     "I have to do this, Joel. I can't be here, in love with you, every day knowing you broke my heart. It hurts too much."
     "What did you just say?" He whispers. It's then I realize what I said. "You heard me." I catch his eye and he's crying, hurting me all over again. "Thomas, please. I get you leaving the school but don't leave me. Please. I'm begging you. I love you. Please."
     I shake my head. "I have to go, Joel. I'm sorry." I can't take anymore, so I leave, Joel calling out for me to stay.
•••
     Time has gone quickly and my first week at Forest Hills is over. I head home, tired and heart aching. I miss Joel more now than I ever did. My house is dark and lonesome looking as I pull up, heading inside.
     My eyes meet candles and flowers, balloons and pictures everywhere. There's a note to me, resting against a framed picture of Joel and I at his family Christmas. It says "come meet me in your room, please. give us a chance. you know I love you and I know you love me. I'm not giving up."
     I drop my bags and head to him, bypassing cute things scattered everywhere. I find Joel, sitting and waiting for me in the middle of the room. "Hi baby," he says to me, smiling at my confused face. "Uh, hi Joel. What's all this?"
     He stands and walks to me, taking my face in his hands. "This is about you being stubborn. I'm completely in love with you and you're being silly. Us being together is a no brainer, why are you fighting this? Why did you leave me?"
     I meet his eyes. "I left because when I saw you, I pictured you with that guy and it made me sick. My heart was completely broken. I couldn't take it anymore."
     "What do you see when you look at me now? Standing here, telling you I'm lost without you and love you more than I've ever loved anything." I lean in and kiss him, slipping my tongue along his lower lips.
     I pull away to talk to him. "I see the man I'm in love with, begging me to be with him." He kisses me, slipping his hands into the back of my pants. "Can I make love to you, Thomas? Please baby, I've missed you."
     I nod, stepping away to give him room to undress me. He strips me slowly, then does himself, before moving me to the bed and laying between my bent legs. "Ready baby?" He asks me, rubbing himself along my hole. I nod and then moan as he slowly pushes inside of me.
     "Fuck, baby. You feel so good. I've missed this tight fucking ass," he moans, moving slowly but hard against me. "I love you, Joel, shit, I love you." He leans in, kissing me softly while still moving inside of me. "I love you too, Thomas. So much."
     Soon, I'm fighting not to come, wanting this to last as long as possible. Joel grabs me, holding my dick tightly as he continues to move inside of me. "Come baby, I need to come. Not without you."
     He begins to rock against me quicker, grunting with sweat dripping onto my skin. "Make me come, baby," I pant at him, pulling him closer to me. He slips his tongue into my mouth as we both stiffen, my come hitting my stomach and his drenching my ass.
     He pulls from me and curls up with me, kissing my chest and neck. "I love you," I mumble before drifting off to sleep with Joel warming my body.