Love You, Dad

"Um, first tell us what you want to do with it," Frank says warily. "I want to put some murals on my bedroom walls. Make it my own, you know?" I explain, now worried they might not let me.

"Oh, yeah, of course. We just wanted to make sure you're not going to be like, doing graffiti on the side of the bank or something," Gerard assures me. "I actually have a mural on my wall at home, so I only think it's fair that if you want one, you can have it."

I feel a slight tint of pink cover my cheeks as Ray tells the driver to stop at Home Depot first.

"So, what's your mural going to be of?" Mikey asks me as the other guys start a conversation between themselves. "It's a secret," I reply cheekily. "You won't even tell your Uncle?" he asks with mock hurt. "Nope," I say popping the 'p'. "Wait, so Gerard is the one who signed the papers?" I question. "Yup," he answers with a nod of his head. "Are you okay with that?" he asks me with a confused look on his face. "No, I'm perfectly fine with that. I just wasn't sure who had signed the papers, so," I trailed off. Mikey nods his head showing he understands.

"We're here!" the driver calls out from the front of the car. I look up to see that we are in the Home Depot parking lot. "Come on, Paris. I'll go in with you while the other guys stay in the car. They have to... set up a meeting about... who we're going on tour with," Gerard says as he half drags me out of the car.

As we are pacing up and down the isles, I awkwardly ask Gerard, "So, um... do you want me calling you Gerard, or dad?" He gives me a shocked look in return. "D-did I say something wrong? I offended you, didn't I? I'm so-" he cuts me off with a hug. "You're fine. You didn't offend me. I just didn't know you knew that I was the one who signed the papers. Who told you?" he wonders quietly. "Mikey told me in the car."

"Okay. But to answer your question, whichever makes you more comfortable. I just want you to be happy," he says with honesty running through his voice. "Now, let's get some paint!"

This is a break for a transition.

Once we get back to the car, I start thinking of what my end mural will look like. I know what I want to do, but I just need to make sure it looks right. I also want to do a few small things around the main peice. Maybe my name in block letters like most people associate graffiti with and then all the bands I listen to's symbol.

The car suddenly stops outside a gigantic house. I guess this is my new home. "Come on, I'll show you your room," Mikey says as he grabs my hand. "What about my stuff?" I shriek as he drags me through the front door. "Ray's got it, now come on!"

We take several turns and pass many doors before we finally stop in front of a plain white door. All of the other bedroom doors had been personalized, so I guess I'm allowed to decorate mine too.

Mikey takes a few seconds to build up tension before opening my door.

My jaw hit the floor. The room was beautiful. The queen size bed, which had a black bed spread with red details and red pillows with black details were propped up against the head board, was sitting pushed up to the middle of the back wall of the room. A white desk with a bunch of art supplies and a new laptop set atop if it was pushed up against the left wall. There were two door on the right wall and in between them, sat a dresser with a bunch of funny pictures of the guys, a CD player, and a stack of CDs. A nice chandelier was hanging in the center of the room as well.

"Do you like it?" Mikey asks nervously as I look around the room. "I love it! Thank you!" I exclaim as I pull him into a hug. He seems a bit shocked at first but soon gets over it and hugs me back. "Now, get out for now. I have some stuff to move so I can get started," I say and lightly push him out the door. "And tell Ray to just leave my stuff at the door."

I shut my door and turn on some music before heading over to my bed. With one last big sigh, I start to tug at the end and get it to the middle of the huge room. Once that's done, I pull out a stencil tool from the shopping bag, and the album I'm doing the cover of off of my dresser.

After I'm done sketching it out, I begin my work of filling it in and adding detail. It takes a bit, but I finally finish that and take a step back. (Pic on the side) In all honesty, I think it's the bast thing I've painted.

I admire my work for a few more minutes before going to start on the band logos. I start with Fall Out Boy, then move onto Twenty One Pilots, and Troye Sivan's first album cover name (TRXYE), All Time Low's Future Hearts cover, and so on. It takes maybe three hours for everything to be finished. I walk out of my bedroom to be greeted by everyone crowding the way. "No looking. It has to dry, then I have to put all the furniture in a way where you can see it all. Then you can look."

I get a bunch of grumbles in return as we all start walking away. With a small chuckle, I offer, "Why don't we do something?"

"What do you want to do?" Frank inquires. "Why don't we... go to the mall? I don't have much clothes and I need some stuff for my skateboard." They look at each other before nodding and starting to head to the car. "Hang on, let me go change," I explain as I head back to my room.

I come back down in a change of clothes and my purse on my side "Oh, no you don't Ray says as Gerard lifts the purse over my shoulders and throws it on the couch before. "What are you guys doing?" I sigh as we make our way out the front door. "We're taking you to the mall! I thought that's what you wanted to do?" Mikey says as he opens the car door for us. "Yeah, but I don't have my money." The guys look back and forth between each other before bursting into laughter.

"What's so funny?" I ask slightly embarrassed. "You think you're paying?" Frank says in giggles. "Um... yeah? I mean, it's my stuff so..." I trail off, really embarrassed now. "Exactly. You live with us, so we are buying your stuff," Ray explains.

The ride to the mall was quick. We joked around the rest of the time, after I put up more of a fight about them paying for my stuff. "Come on, let's get you to a Hot Topic," Frank says as soon as the car stops.

We manage to get to Hot Topic without anyone noticing that My Chemical Romance is in the same building as them. "Alright, I need some jeans, shirts, and a few belts," I tell them as we split up and wander off around the store.

About twenty minutes later, all the guys are taking the clothes I have in my hands and adding them to the large pile they have themselves. "Guys, I don't need this much stuff," I complain. They really are spending too much on me. "Yes you do, now let's go check out," Mikey squeals with excitement.

Back at the house

"Your painting should be dried now! Let's go see it!" Frank exclaims. "Not so fast! I still have to get the furniture positioned back," I say as I quickly jump in my room and lock the door behind me.

I get to work and push the desk and it's chair where the bed was, that way you could still see most of the big mural because the headboard would have gotten in the way. I then push the bed where the desk was and put the bedside tables on either side and go ahead and plug my phone charger in the wall and set it on one of the tables.

I finally, with a small pause for dramatic affect, let the guys in to see the walls. As soon as they step in, their jaw drops to the floor. "You like it?" I ask nervously as I play with my thumbs and shift my weight between my feet. "Duh!" they shout as they pull my into a bear hug. "You know, you didn't have to do one of our album covers to impress us right," Ray questions me. "Yeah, but I wanted to," I explain to them.

They compliment me on the other paintings before telling me to unpack because dinner is almost ready. With that, they leave the room and I start to make my room more my own.