Nobody Has to Know

Breathe, Paris. Just breathe. She can't hurt you. You're around people.

Maybe she won't even recognize me. I cut and dyed my hair and I got glasses. Plus she hasn't seen me for years know.

"Hi, how are you?" Mikey asks as he buckles his seatbelt. Of course he has to be super polite now.

"I'm doing pretty good," she smiles, making eye contact as she turns her head to look at us in the back seat. "Where are you guys off to?"

"We're going to the Alternative Press office on the corner of Harvard and 11th," Ray replies as he buckles his seat belt.

"You got it."

She sobered up. And got rich. Her car wasn't brand new, but it was an expensive SUV with a lot of features that probably didn't come standard.

I look past her to her left hand on the steering wheel. A shiny, gold wedding band sits there, with a very sparkly engagement ring sitting on top of it. Probably a sign of where the money came from.

The last time I saw my mom, we were barely able to afford the run-down two-bedroom apartment, much less have a car, an expensive one at that.

It was, thankfully, a quiet car ride due to the band and I still being somewhat tired from the long bus drive yesterday.

When we finally pulled up to the building, I was grateful. I could finally get away from this woman and most hopefully never see her again.

I was the last one to get out of the car, and when I was about to close the car door, I heard her say from the driver's seat, "Goodbye Paris."

-----------

A/N:

I'm back (I think) guys!!!

Today is officially my first day of summer break and I'll be off for the next two months!

This means more time to write and update!

I appreciate all of the comments on the last chapter! You guys seem to be a bit upset with such a cliffhanger, though.

I hope you guys liked this chapter! I'll try to update again on Friday, but I'm kinda busy then, so most likely Saturday.

If you like this story, please go check out my other stories! I have a bit of a bias, but I think those are pretty good too! 

Message me if you have any input or just want to talk;

Kelley xx