Midnight Luhan - Unseen/Deleted Parts

hey lovelies, your comments really brighten up my day and here's a little something in return.

a unseen part of my original oneshot.

enjoy. xx

--

"Hey, you're coming right?" Luhan peered behind his back at Sehun. Sehun shook his head in distaste. He hated arcades.

"Come on, don't be such a killjoy. We'll win loads of cute items there! I know you like them. I've seen your secret collection." Luhan winked.

Sehun sighed. How could he say no to Luhan? No matter how hard he tried, he found himself giving in at every question, at every request. He was falling hard, and no one, not even himself could save him.

Luhan smiled, "I take that as a yes?"

The lights outside the window brightened as the sky faded to black. The sound of cars outside Sehun's apartment made him safer, if not at comfort. But Seoul's lights made him think of how he couldn't see anymore stars, and cars made him think of air pollution. He considers himself as pessimistic, the one who thinks the cup is half empty. And in the world, in the midst of 7 billion people, he belonged, and wanted to be right here, where air and sky pollution exists.

Sehun looks at Luhan. There are 7 billion people that come and go in this world, but there will never be another like him.

Sehun relents. He agrees. They set off.

--

Sehun finds a note gently tucked into his history notebook, only noticing it apart from the rest because it had coffee stains all over. A cursive scrawl greeted him and he opened the note.

Hunnie ah, you're probably in class right now. Are you happy? Because you should be. Hope I'm not bothering you, but I know how you feel about me, and my current distantness. I am sorry, but I cannot help it. Something is taking place, and it is taking place soon. Time isn't on our side, but I am on yours.

with love, Luhan.

--

It was 12.09pm.

Jongin and Sehun sat side by side, awkward tension growing as their silence escalates.

"He's gone." Sehun says quietly. He didn't know if he wanted to talk about that but he wanted to break this silence.

Jongin clasps his hand together, sweat visibly forming on his forehead.

Sehun blinks and he found his vision blurry. "How did we end up like this?" He turned to Jongin. "How did we end up in this broken, and messed up state?"

Jongin shook his head. "We're failures." Sehun didn't say anything after that.

Maybe the world wanted this to happen. Maybe God had this plan all along. Maybe it was fate. Maybe their lives were written out to be a tragedy, and there isn't a happy ending.

Sehun couldn't see a point to stay up all night anymore. There aren't butterflies in his stomach anymore, and he only had his memories to keep him up. "I'm going to sleep. If you need me, don't bother."

Sehun lay in his bed, eyes unwilling to close. He glances at the note at the door, and for a moment, a very short moment, he thought he had seen a butterfly.