Chapter 3: Demolished City ( Mia's P.O.V )

I jumped out of my portal and almost fell onto the ground before I caught myself. The portal behind me closed so that I wouldn't be able to return. I didn't need to go back anyway. I got up and brushed any dirt that was on my hands. I looked around and saw ruins. There wasn't any plant life around any of the buildings or houses so I assumed that the destruction of the place wasn't too old. It looked as if no signs of human or animal life was around too. 'Probably Herobrine...' I thought to myself. I started to walk and look around.

"Drake? Grayson?" I half-yelled. No response.
"Guys? Are you out here?" Only silence answered me.
"Guess they're not here huh?" I muttered to myself.

I wondered where they both had ended up, and if they were with eachother.
I came across a burnt down shopping market. This place kind of looked familiar. I came across a couple of houses and looked inside. No one was to be seen. Not surprising. I saw a backpack on a small bed that didn't look all that worn out. I opened it cautiously. There were a couple of sovereigns inside, a glass bottle and a worn out iron picaxe. I felt bad about taking it, but I needed it if I wanted to carry more things. I took it and walked out of the destroyed house. My eyes landed on the tall mountains that were on the edge of an ocean. The terrain was starting to look more and more familiar.

'Is this Mortem?' I thought. 'It had to have been right? I was here just a couple of months ago. The people were extremely polite. They didn't deserve such a horrible thing to be done to them...'

Soon after exploring I decided to leave. I walked along the gravel path away from the long gone city. I looked at the city one last time. I then looked up at the mountains that were farther in the distance. I thought I saw structures on top of one of them. It was worth a try to check them out. I had to be cautious though. It looked like it wasn't destroyed in the attack. I walked along the trail that leaded up to the mountains. Soon I got up to the mountains and started climbing being careful that I wouldn't slip. Soon after climbing for a while I came across cobblestone stairs.

'These bad to be man-made.' Later on after what seemed an eternity of climbing I finally reached the top. I was exhausted. I grabbed the edge of the mountain and hauled myself up. I looked around and saw three buildings. I brought out my cutlass and quietly walked over to one of the buildings. I peeked through the window of the door and saw many books, a small bed and a telescope that was used to overlook the entire area, or perhaps the stars of the night sky.

I opened the door completely and looked inside. It looked like a study. I knew it was probably rude of me to look at the books if someone was even living here, but curiosity got the best of me and I pulled out a random book. I couldn't exactly read the language it was in, but I could pronounce some of the words, though I didn't have a clear understanding of what they exactly meant. I placed the book back in its original spot and pulled out another. This language I did understand. It talked about the fallen city Dovahjoor and its history. I had wanted to take it with me, but I knew I shouldn't. I placed it back and preceded onto the next building.

In the next building there weren't any walls. There were reinforced chests and in the middle of the structure were purple and golden markings carved into the ground.

'Isn't this the circle talisman Drake had?' There wasn't much here so I decided to move on the last building. I entered the building still careful of anyone that might be here with me, waiting for the right moment to capture me. Inside the room there was a larger bed, a table with red cloth, and on top were several objects. Around the back of the room was a desk with a strange type of enchantment table with weird things floating on it. It gave off a bad presence, so I didn't even go near it. 'This place would have probably filled all of Drake's needs, wouldn't it?' I thought to myself, slightly chuckling. The entire area of the mountain gave off almost a magical and a homey-like presence, except for the weird objects on the table in the back. 'What were those things even used for?'

After a while I decided that I should head down the mountain and find somewhere to rest. Staying here would be too much of a risk for me, especially if the person who lived here came back. I soon reached the bottom and by that time the sun was starting to set. I made my way into the woods and got firewood by cutting off the dead limbs of trees. I didn't have a sleeping bag anymore so I tried to find a comfy spot to sleep. I found a patch of moss that was soft enough to use as a pillow. Tonight, I get some rest. Tomorrow, first thing, I set off to find more supplies and find Grayson and Drake. Herobrine was still out there, and he needed to be defeated.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I guess THIS chapter was also not that much of a struggle to write either! This is my longest chapter yet and I already have ideas for the next one! This chapter wasn't the most action packed, but I'm still kinda proud that this was my longest chapter.